I am so in the mood for soup right now. Something about fall, and I go a little crazy, I start buying dried beans in bulk, making chicken stock and collecting soup recipes. Somebody please stop me before I start polishing my Le Creuset Dutch oven!
The best part of having this obsession is that I can freeze the left-overs in 1-quart containers. Which seems to be the perfect amount for lunches all winter long. Maybe it has to do with wanting to preserve the fall harvest. I don’t really know. But these are the soups that are on my radar for the weeks to come. Some are my own, and some are from blogging friends.
1. Angies Recipes | Creamy Cauliflower Soup with Black Forest Bacon
6. Yankee Kitchen Ninja | Vermont Potato Chowder
7. How Sweet It Is | Cheesy Corn Chowder with Bacon and Gorgonzola
8. The Novice Housewife | Mustard Fish Curry
9. The Queen of Quinoa | Creamy Mexican Pumpkin Soup with Quinoa
10. Produce on Parade | Fall Vegetable Soup with Butternut Squash
11. Three Little Halves | Octoberfest in a Pot
12. Knead to Cook | Sweet Potato Pear and Sage Soup
15. Rachel Cooks | Classic Beef Stew with Beer
What type of soup are you loving this fall? Do you like chunky soup, or pureed?