These 5-ingredient honey mustard chicken thighs are so flavorful and easy to make, they will be one of those recipes that will be your new healthy basics.
Creating This Healthy Chicken Thigh Recipe
Since we’re all about back to basics this month. I wanted to make sure you knew I got your back when it comes to getting dinner on the table. I get pretty carried away sometimes with talking about nutrition and such that I forget that you need to feed yourself and your peeps. Like, hello Katie, what’s for dinner?
This healthy chicken thigh recipe is.
Or it will be. I know some of you tell me that you make the same five recipes every week. And it is too hard to try a new recipe to mix in because the kiddos won’t eat it or something. I totally get that, and it makes me a bit crazy too. But the same five recipes can get pretty boring. Right? Right. So I am guessing you are pretty psyched to see a 5-ingredient recipe showing it’s pretty face around here today. You may even be thinking it could be a contender. Maybe, just maybe it will become one of those family pleasing dinner staples. I hope so.
I loved the fact that this honey mustard chicken thigh recipe makes 6 thighs, enough for the four of us for dinner, plus two thighs left over for our lunches too. Jase and I eat salad with protein for lunch a lot, so these honey mustard chicken thighs were perfect for that. Hope you enjoy!
How to Make Honey Mustard Chicken Thighs
One of the best parts about this easy chicken recipe (besides the fact that it uses just 5 simple ingredients) is that you don’t have to let the chicken thighs marinate for a long time to get that amazing honey mustard flavor. Just whisk together the marinade, coat the chicken in it, and bake! Here’s exactly how I made these honey mustard chicken thighs:
1. Make the honey mustard sauce — The healthy honey mustard marinade is a simple combination of mustard, honey, fresh thyme, and salt. I used brown deli mustard to really amp up the mustard flavor, but feel free to use whatever is in your pantry.
2. Coat the chicken — Fully coat the chicken thighs in the honey mustard sauce, making sure to get it into all the crevices (you may need to use your hands to really work it in!).
3. Roast the chicken — After the chicken thighs are fully coated in the honey mustard, arrange them on a parchment paper-lined baking tray (the parchment paper makes for easier cleanup). Roast the honey mustard chicken thighs for 40 to 45 minutes, and let them rest on your counter for a few minutes before serving.
How to Serve Honey Mustard Chicken Thighs
These flavorful chicken thighs pair perfectly with brown rice, noodles, or a simple side salad. Kiddos also love maple glazed carrots and garlic mashed potatoes. However you serve this honey mustard chicken, don’t be afraid to keep things super simple. This easy chicken recipe makes for a knockout entree, so you don’t need to worry about making anything fancy to pair with it.
Do you use the same recipes every week or do you venture out into uncharted territory? Or maybe a combination of both?
Do you pack leftovers for lunch?
More Healthy Chicken Thigh Recipes:Print
These easy honey mustard chicken thighs are perfect for busy weeknights! Kids love this recipe, plus it only uses 5 ingredients. Win-win!
- 3 tablespoons brown deli mustard
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 6 boneless skinless chicken thighs, about 2 pounds
- Preheat oven to 375ºF. Line a large rimmed baking sheet with parchment.
- Whisk honey, mustard, thyme and salt in a medium bowl. Add chicken thighs and turn to coat. Arrange chicken on the parchment-lined baking sheet, tucking them into neat thigh shapes.
- Roast chicken until cooked through and browned in spots, 40 to 45 minutes. Let rest 4 to 6 minutes before serving.
104 mg Cholesterol, 4 g Added Sugar
- Serving Size: 1 thigh
- Calories: 230
- Sugar: 5 g
- Sodium: 685 mg
- Fat: 9 g
- Saturated Fat: 1 g
- Carbohydrates: 6 g
- Fiber: 0 g
- Protein: 30 g
Keywords: honey mustard chicken thighs, healthy chicken thigh recipes