Chicken and Brussels Sprouts Sheet Pan Dinner
This Chicken and Brussels Sprouts Sheet Pan Dinner is one of those easy recipes that delivers delicious flavor. It is ready in just 45 minutes and it’s also a great weeknight dinner.
Table of contents
I originally shared this recipe on November 16, 2018. I have updated the images and some of the text today.
Why We Love This Recipe For Chicken and Brussels Sprouts Sheet Pan Dinner
An easy sheet pan dinner is a great option for busy people living real life. And I know a lot of people are looking to spend less time in the kitchen, right? Chicken thighs and brussels sprouts are a sheet pan meal made in dinner heaven. The fact that they cook together on a rimmed baking sheet means less dishes, which means less clean-up.
A sheet pan chicken dinner saves you time, makes clean-up a breeze, and you don’t need any special equipment or unheard-of ingredients. All you have to do is pick your protein, add veggies, toss everything in a little extra virgin olive oil and some seasonings, and roast at high heat until everything is golden and delicious.
To finish off this Chicken and Brussels Sprouts Sheet Pan Dinner I drizzled on a combo of Dijon, balsamic and pure maple syrup. It adds a bit of acidity and sweetness and really takes this recipe to the next level.
This easy recipe is also great for meal prep. Just divide it into four portions after roasting. It reheats really well because chicken thighs don’t dry out when they are reheated, so this is a great option for make-ahead meals.
- Water or Chicken Broth: Using water to cook the rice is totally acceptable, but using chicken broth adds just a little extra flavor to the rice. Choose a low sodium version, so you can control the amount of salt in the recipe.
- Brown and Wild Rice Blend: Brown rice is a great source of fiber and magnesium and wild rice is an awesome nutrient dense plant-based protein source.
- Brussels Sprouts: Roasting the sprouts enhances their flavor and doesn’t boil away all of the good nutrients.
- Skinless Chicken Thighs: Thighs are a flavorful source of lean protein.
- Extra-Virgin Olive Oil: A great source of antioxidants, healthy fats and has many other health benefits.
- Seasonings – Herbes de Provence Blend, Paprika, Kosher Salt and Freshly Ground Pepper: Herbes de Provence adds a floral herby flavor, paprika gives the chicken a little color and a slightly fruity note and just a little salt and pepper brings together all of the flavors.
- Pure Maple Syrup, Balsamic vinegar and Dijon mustard: Drizzling this glaze at the end of cooking adds just the right amount of acidity and a pinch of sweetness and is the easiest thing to make this dish extra special.
How To Make This Chicken and Brussels Sprouts Recipe
Step 1: Preheat the oven and prepare the large baking sheet
Turn the up the oven to 425 degrees and coat a baking sheet with cooking spray. You need a hot oven so that the veggies and chicken can caramelize a little bit.
Step 2: Make the rice
Bring the water to a boil and simmer the rice until tender and the water is absorbed.
Step 3: Prepare the brussels sprouts and chicken
Trim the woody stalk ends of the Brussels sprouts, and cut them in half, especially if they are large. Toss the Brussels sprouts with oil, Herbes De Provence and salt and pepper. Place brussels sprouts in a single layer on the half sheet pan. Top the skinless thighs with oil, salt, pepper, more herbs and paprika, give them a good toss and place chicken among the Brussels sprouts.
Step 4: Roast the Chicken and Brussels sprouts
Place the rimmed sheet pan in the oven and roast, stirring the sprouts once, until the chicken is cooked through and the sprouts are tender.
Step 5: Make the Maple Mustard Sauce
Stir together maple syrup, balsamic vinegar and Dijon mustard.
Step 6: Drizzle the glaze and serve
Drizzle the maple mixture over the top of the vegetables and chicken, sprinkle with pepper and serve with the rice.
A sheet pan chicken dinner is much healthier than eating out or ordering take out because you can control the amount of salt and unhealthy fats that you use. And you can add a ton of awesome vegetables.
A sheet pan has rolled edges and is perfect for roasting foods while a cookie or baking sheet does not have edges and would not be good for roasting because excess oils and juices will run off and make a mess in your oven.
Yes! Just make sure to wash your veggies to prevent introducing any bacteria that can cause food borne illnesses and cook your chicken to an internal temperature of 165 degrees.
Additional Recipes To Try
- Maple Bacon Roasted Brussels Sprouts A delicious side dish for fall.
- This recipe for raw Shaved Brussels Sprouts Salad with lemon vinaigrette is a delicious way to enjoy Brussels in thier uncooked state.
- Skillet Brussels Sprouts with Chorizo a killer recipe from Seamus Mullen
- Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Balsamic and Thyme: super basic but far from boring!
- These Simple Brussels Sprouts are completely easy to make and so good!
- One of my all time favorite combos: Brussels Sprouts with Hazelnuts Oregano and Sage, so good!
- 30 Minute Chicken A La King With only a splash of half-and-half. Pasta replaces the fussy puff pastry, so that it comes together in just 30 minutes making it a perfect weeknight meal!
- Chicken Paprikash Served over zoodles so it’s only 277 calories per serving!
- Sheet Pan Chicken with Squash and Mushrooms – great for this time of year!
- Our 5-ingredient Honey Mustard Chicken Thighs are super popular and so easy!
Thanks so much for reading! If you are new here, you may want to sign up for my email newsletter to get a free weekly menu plan and the latest recipes right to your inbox. If you make this recipe, please come back and leave a star rating and review. I would love to hear what you thought!
Happy Cooking! ~KatiePrint
Chicken and Brussels Sprouts Sheet Pan Dinner
- Total Time: 45
- Yield: 4 serving 1x
Chicken and Brussels Sprouts Sheet Pan Dinner with brown and wild rice blend. The chicken and Brussels sprouts are roasted and then drizzled with a mixture of pure maple syrup, balsamic vinegar and Dijon mustard.
2 cups water or chicken broth
1 cup brown and wild rice blend
4 cups trimmed and halved Brussels sprouts
4 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
1 teaspoons Herbes de Provence blend, divided
1 teaspoon coarse kosher salt, divided
4 boneless, skinless chicken thighs, trimmed (1 to 1 ½ pounds)
1 teaspoon paprika
2 tablespoons pure maple syrup, preferably dark robust
1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
Freshly ground pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Coat a large rimmed baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Bring water or broth to a boil in a medium saucepan over high heat. Add brown and wild rice blend and return to a simmer. Reduce heat to medium low, to maintain a simmer and cover. Simmer until the rice is tender and the water is absorbed, according to the package instructions or 30 to 50 minutes.
- Meanwhile, toss Brussels sprouts, 3 teaspoons oil, ½ teaspoon herbs, ½ teaspoon salt in a medium bowl. Spread out on the prepared baking sheet. Toss chicken thighs, paprika, the remaining 1 teaspoon oil, the remaining ½ teaspoon herbs and the remaining ½ teaspoon salt in the bowl until coated. Arrange among the Brussles sprouts.
- Roast the Brussels sprouts and chicken, rotating the pan, and stirring the sprouts once, until the chicken is cooked through and the sprouts are tender, and browning, 26 to 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, stir together maple syrup, balsamic vinegar and Dijon mustard.
- Drizzle the maple mixture over the hot Brussels sprouts and chicken, sprinkle with pepper and serve with the rice.
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 30
- Category: main course
- Method: roasting
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 2/3 cup rice, 1 chicken thigh
- Calories: 444
- Sugar: 12
- Fat: 12
- Carbohydrates: 52
- Fiber: 7
- Protein: 35
Keywords: chicken and brussels sprouts,Chicken Thighs and Brussels Sprouts,Sheet Pan Chicken and Brussels sprouts recipe
Really great and so easy too.
Really tasty! Husband approved and he’s picky. Made the rice in a rice cooker to save time and made everything else according to instructions. Chicken and sprouts came out perfect after 30 minutes. Thank you!
Success! Thank you Jen!
I made this recipe with other vegetables (I happened to have a lot of veggies on hand) and everything came out great. I had a huge chicken breast so I cut it into medium chunks. I used 1 cup of wild rice and a cup of short grain rice that’s between brown and white (can’t remember the name) in my rice cooker. The kids actually ate it! My husband liked the drizzle with maple syrup, but I found I didn’t like the sweetness as much and might have preferred it with more highlight on the dijon and balsamic flavors. Either way, it was a hit, and I find it VERY hard to make meals my kids will eat that fits our adult diets as well. Also, it was fast and easy. I plan to do more variations on this in the future.
Kids are always the true taste testers when it comes to weeknight meals! I am so thrilled that everyone enjoyed it. Thank you so much for the kind words, Julianna, and let me know what other variations you come up with!
I had to look how to make a homemade version of Herbes de Provence since I didn’t have any.
1/2 tsp thyme leaves
1/2 tsp savory
1/4 tsp oregano
dash of marjoram
Thank you for sharing, Jenn! Very helpful!
So good and easy to make!! My husband gave it an A+
Fantastic! I am so thrilled that you both enjoyed it, Judy!
What a fabulous sheet pan recipe! I followed your instructions (including making the rice blend in the process) and the meal was absolutely wonderful and complete within about 45 minutes (or a little less).
The only prep I did was halving the Brussels sprouts earlier and putting them in a gallon sized storage bag. I then used the bag to mix the oil, herbs and salt with the Brussels sprouts and after I put those on the pan, used the bag again to season the chicken. Thank you for sharing such a great recipe and helping me make such a lovely meal.
Hi Sandy. I am so glad you discovered this recipe and that it came out so well! That’s great! Have a great weekend!
Absolutely delicious! Very simple but tasty. Definitely will be using again!
Thank you for the wonderful comment, Amanda! So glad that you enjoyed it!