brussels sprouts with hazelnuts and sage
Here is an easy Brussels sprouts recipe with Hazelnuts and Sage with butter and olive oil. It’s a simple stove-top recipe that pairs with many menus!
Ingredients For Brussels Sprouts with Hazelnuts
- Brussels sprouts, trimmed and halved
- olive oil
- oregano and sage
- salt and pepper
- toasted hazelnuts
How To Make Brussels Sprouts with Hazelnuts and Sage
Steam The Brussels Sprouts
Start out by bringing water to a boil in a large saucepan or soup pot fitted with a steamer basket. If you don’t have a steamer basket you can blanch the Brussels Sprouts in boiling water, but make sure you drain them very well.
Steam them until they are tender when pierced with a knife. This takes about 6 or 7 minutes. Remove the steamer from the pot to prevent them from overcooking.
Make The Garlic Butter Mixture
While the Brussels Sprouts are steaming, heat the butter and oil in a small skillet. Add in the garlic and cook it until it is fragrant, but not browned. Swirl in oregano and sage, and remove from the heat.
Mix Brussels Sprouts with Garlic Butter and Hazelnuts
Lastly, toss the Brussels sprouts with the garlic mixture, salt and pepper in a large bowl. Add hazelnuts and toss to coat.
Serving Suggestions For This Recipe
This Recipe is a great Thanksgiving recipe because it serves 8.
It can be cut in half for four servings for a Weeknight Meal.
Here are some pairing suggestions:
- Serve it with this Roasted Pork Tenderloin with Apples and Shallots.
- For Christmas, pair it with this Maple Cider Brined Roasted Pork Loin with Apple Chutney.
- Serve these Brussels Sprouts with Hazelnuts with my family’s favorite Crispy Skin Chicken. If you prefer white chicken meat, this Baked Bone-In Chicken Breast is awesome.
More Brussels Sprouts Recipes
- These Simple Brussels Sprouts are super basic but pretty much perfect!
- Try my Maple bacon roasted Brussels sprouts to wow your tastebuds.
- Kick it up with some Chorizo Skillet Brussels Sprouts.
- I love roasted brussels, and these easy Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Balsamic are awesome!
- For a totally unusual recipe, try this shredded Brussels Sprouts Slaw with Bacon and Blue Cheese.
Thanks for reading. If you make this recipe, please let me know by leaving a star rating and review!
Steamed Brussels sprouts tossed with garlic sizzled in olive oil and butter with fresh chopped oregano and sage and toasted hazelnuts. It is delicious stove-top vegetable side dish!
- 10 cups Brussels sprouts, trimmed and halved (2 ¼ pounds)
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped oregano and sage
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- ½ cup chopped toasted hazelnuts
- Bring one to two inches of water to a boil in a large saucepan or soup pot fitted with a steamer basket.
- Steam Brussels sprouts, covered, until they are tender when pierced with a knife, 6 to 7 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat butter and oil in a small skillet over medium-high heat. Add garlic and cook, stirring until the garlic is fragrant, about 90 seconds. Swirl in oregano and sage, and remove from the heat.
- Toss the Brussels sprouts and garlic mixture, salt and pepper in a large bowl. Add hazelnuts and toss to coat.
- Serving Size: 1 cup
- Calories: 113
- Fat: 8 g
- Carbohydrates: 10 g
- Fiber: 4 g