Maple Bacon Roasted Brussels Sprouts
Promise me you will try these Brussels Sprouts roasted with Maple Syrup and Bacon as soon as possible. They are so good I can’t wait for you to try them. Get your ovens fired up and bust out the sheet pans my people, these Maple Bacon Roasted Brussels are a game changer! They have so much sweet smoky flavor embedded in each and every nook and cranny, they will steal the show, no matter what the main course is.
I shared this recipe on October 8th, 2018. I have updated some of the text and images today.
Table of contents
Don’t Miss These Maple Bacon Roasted Brussels Sprouts
Okay, I know I am sounding a bit overly enthusiastic about these Brussels Sprouts with Maple Syrup and Bacon, but friends, I am trying to make sure you don’t make the same mistake I did. Which is waiting to try them.
But I didn’t stop there because I decided to add in some bacon too! Because not only do I believe maple syrup makes everything better, I also think that bacon makes everything better. I happened to have a partial package of bacon in my fridge. So I crumbled in a few strips. And magic happened!
- Brussels Sprouts: Trim your Brussels Sprouts by cutting the bottoms off and peeling away any dark or discolored outer leaves. Cut the sprouts in half through the stem end.
- Maple Syrup: For the best flavor choose Dark Robust Grade A pure maple syrup. If you cannot find dark, look for Amber Rich.
- Apple Cider Vinegar: A splash of vinegar helps to cut the sweetness of the maple syrup and keep this recipe in the savory realm.
- Coarse Grain Mustard: I love the way these flavors taste together. You can use another type of mustard (like brown deli mustard) instead.
- Oil, Thyme, Salt and Pepper: To season and roast
How to Make Maple Bacon Roasted Brussels Sprouts
- Once the Brussels sprouts are cut, toss them with extra-virgin olive oil, thyme salt and pepper. Spread them out on a large rimmed baking sheet and roast them on high heat (450 degrees F) until they are browned and tender. Brussels are dense, so they take a bit longer than you may think. Around 25 minutes!
- Mix pure maple syrup, apple cider vinegar and coarse ground mustard in a small bowl.
- Add that to the roasted Brussels with the crumbled cooked bacon and then return everything to the oven to coat the brussels with the maple sauce.
- Serve hot!
FAQs and Serving Suggestions
To reheat the entire batch, microwave on high power for two to three minutes. Stir and microwave again in 1 minute intervals until steaming hot. For a single serving microwave for about 75 seconds on high. You can also reheat these on the stovetop in a saucepan with a little broth or water. The bacon will not be crispy.
For the best texture suggest prepping these ahead instead of cooking them ahead. You can cook and crumble the bacon, clean and cut the Brussels sprouts and make the maple syrup mixture up to 2 days ahead. Keep refrigerated separately.
More Brussels Sprouts Recipes
Thanks so much for reading! If you are new here, you may want to sign up for my email newsletter to get a free weekly menu plan and the latest recipes right to your inbox. If you make this recipe, please come back and leave a star rating and review. I would love to hear what you thought!
Happy Cooking! ~KatiePrint
Get your ovens fired up and bust out the sheet pans my people, these Maple Bacon Roasted Brussels are a game changer! They have so much sweet smoky flavor embedded in each and every nook and cranny, they will steal the show, no matter what the main course is.
- 8 cups (1 ½ pound) Brussels sprouts, trimmed and cut in half
- 5 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon chopped thyme, or ½ teaspoon dry thyme
- ¾ teaspoon coarse kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 tablespoons pure Vermont maple syrup, preferably dark
- 1 teaspoons cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon coarse ground mustard
- 4 strips McKenzie Cobb Smoked Maple Uncured Bacon, cooked and crumbled
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- Toss Brussels sprouts, oil, thyme, salt and pepper in a large bowl. Spread the Brussels sprouts out on a large rimmed baking sheet. Roast, turning once or twice until browned and tender, 23 to 27 minutes.
- Stir Maple syrup, vinegar and mustard in a small bowl. Drizzle over the Brussels sprouts, add cooked crumbled bacon, and toss to coat. Return to the oven and cook until the maple mixture is bubbling hot, and the bacon is sizzling 3 to 5 minutes. Serve hot.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Category: side dish
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 cup
- Calories: 119
- Sugar: 6
- Fat: 5
- Saturated Fat: 1
- Carbohydrates: 15
- Fiber: 5
- Protein: 5
Keywords: Roasted Brussels Sprouts, Brussels Sprouts with bacon