Simple Italian Balsamic Sheet Pan Chicken
Do you have 5 minutes? Then you have enough time to get a batch of this Simple Italian Balsamic Sheet Pan Chicken into the oven. I am not exaggerating when I say the hardest part of the whole recipe is chopping one clove of garlic. And people, I know we can do that, even on the busiest of evenings.
Table of contents
Why You’ll Love This Recipe For Simple Italian Balsamic Sheet Pan Chicken
The great thing about this sheet pan chicken is it’s made with boneless skinless chicken thighs, so the meat stays juicy and yummy, even though it’s just baked. It’s so easy to throw together and you won’t believe how much flavor it has for so little effort. I feel a little guilty about how easy it is.
Another great thing about this Simple Italian Balsamic Sheet Pan Chicken is that it’s a great meal-prep recipe. I love making it on a Sunday night so that I have healthy easy protein on hand when I am fixing lunch or dinner for the week.
This balsamic sheet pan chicken thigh recipe is a great starting block for a family meal and can be paired with a variety of sides. Here’s a list of what to serve with roasted chicken to get your creative juices going!
- Chicken thighs: You’ll need boneless skinless chicken thighs, organic preferably
- Extra-virgin olive oil: A high-quality olive oil is great here
- Seasonings: Chopped garlic, Italian Seasoning, kosher salt and parsley
- Balsamic Vinegar: To finish the dish the sweet and sour taste of balsamic vinegar is the perfect addition.
Step-by-Step Instructions to Make This Italian Balsamic Chicken
Step 1: Preheat oven
Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F and line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
Step 2: Season & cook chicken
While the oven preheats, toss the chicken in a large bowl with oil, garlic, Italian Seasoning and salt and until coated. Arrange the chicken on the baking sheet, then roast until cooked through, 18 to 22 minutes. Drizzle balsamic vinegar over the chicken and sprinkle with parsley, if using.
FAQs and Expert Tips
If stored properly in airtight containers in the fridge, they will stay good for 3 to 4 days, making them the perfect meal prep food.
Freeze in an airtight container up to 1 month. Defrost and reheat until steaming hot.
Absolutely. You can combine all the ingredients and let the chicken marinate overnight, if desired.
Place the cooked chicken thigh on a microwave safe plate and cover with paper towel or parchment. Microwave on high until steaming hot, about 1 min 40 seconds. To reheat in the oven wrap chicken thighs in foil and place on a baking sheet or on a baking dish. Bake at 350 degrees until steaming hot and an instant-read thermometer reaches 165 degrees F when inserted into the thigh, about 20 minutes.
What to Serve With Balsamic Sheet Pan Chicken Thighs
- Add this chicken to this Fall Harvest Cobb Salad.
- Brown Rice Salad with Roasted Sweet Potato is a hearty side dish and also a great meal prep option.
- Top Lacinato Kale Caesar Salad with chicken for a complete meal
- My kids love this Easy Steamed Broccoli with Garlic and Lemon
- You can also pair this with my Vegetarian Stuffed Peppers which also have Italian Flavors!
Additional Chicken Thigh Recipes to Try
- If you love this recipe you should also check out this 5 Ingredient Honey Mustard Chicken.
- In the summer, you might love these Maple Chipotle Barbecued Chicken Thighs and Grilled Greek Boneless Chicken Thighs.
- I have such a soft spot for these Yogurt Curry Chicken Thighs.
- This Slow Cooker Maple Chipotle Pulled Chicken is great for busy days.
Thanks so much for reading! If you are new here, you may want to sign up for my email newsletter to get a free weekly menu plan and the latest recipes right to your inbox. If you make this recipe, please come back and leave a star rating and review. I would love to hear what you thought!
Happy Cooking! ~KatiePrint
This simple Sheet Pan Chicken is made with garlic, Italian seasoning, olive oil and Balsamic vinegar. It takes 5 minutes to get it in the oven! Naturally high-protein, low carb and gluten-free.
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons Italian Seasoning
- 1 teaspoon coarse kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- chopped parsley, optional
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment.
- Toss chicken in a large bowl with oil, garlic, Italian Seasoning and salt and until coated. Arrange on the baking sheet. Roast until cooked through, 18 to 22 minutes. Drizzle balsamic vinegar over the chicken and sprinkle with parsley if using.
Place chicken thigh on a microwave safe plate and cover with paper towel or parchment. Microwave on high until steaming hot, about 1 min 40 seconds. To reheat in the oven wrap chicken thighs in foil and place on a baking sheet or on a baking dish. Bake at 350 degrees until steaming hot and an instant-read thermometer reaches 165 degrees F when inserted into the thigh, about 20 minutes.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Category: main course
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: Italian
- Serving Size: 3.25 ounces
- Calories: 154 cal
- Sugar: 0.41 g
- Sodium: 275.33 mg
- Fat: 6 g
- Saturated Fat: 1 g
- Trans Fat: 0.02 g
- Carbohydrates: 0.83 g
- Fiber: 0.13 g
- Protein: 22.37 g
- Cholesterol: 106.59 mg
Keywords: Italian Balsamic Chicken, Balsamic Sheet Pan Chicken,Balsamic Chicken Thighs, Italian Balsamic Chicken Thighs