one pan chicken with squash and mushrooms
It takes just one-pan and 15 minutes of active time to make this Chicken with Squash and Mushrooms. It is a great recipe for busy weeknight dinners. It is naturally paleo, gluten-free and grain-free.
Let’s do a little poll. Raise your hand if you don’t like one-pot meals.
Okay, how about one-pan meals? Raise your hand if you hate them.
Hmm, from the lack of hands, I think it is safe to say that we can all agree that they are the best thing that happened to dinner time. Amiright?
This One-pan Chicken with Squash and Mushrooms is so simple to make. All you need is a bowl and a baking sheet pan. That’s it! Now you can raise your hand up to HIGH FIVE me! Oh yeah! 🙂
Here’s how you make one pan chicken and squash
- The butternut squash takes a while to roast, so that has to get a head start in the oven, for about 15 minutes, before the boneless chicken thighs and mushrooms are added.
- Once the squash is pre-softened a bit, just add in herbs and mushrooms and a drizzle of oil.
- Stir it up and then nestle the chicken into the pan among the veggies.
- The chicken is also seasoned with the herbs too.
- Every thing goes back into the oven and its ready in 20 minutes.
I made a 1 minute cooking video to show you just how simple this is.
More One Pan Dinners To Try
My kids and husband adore this Sheet Pan Pork Chops with Raspberry Ketchup!
This gorgeous and easy Roasted Salmon Sheet Pan Dinner with cherry tomatoes and green beans always wins raves.
If you like chicken, this Chicken Thigh and Brussels Sprouts Sheet Pan Dinner is pretty popular too.
I also love the convenience of chicken tenders, and this Honey Sriracha Chicken Tender Sheet Pan Dinner is simple to put together.
Thank you for reading. Please let me know if you make this recipe by leaving a star rating and review! It helps so much and if you’re new here you may want to sign up for my email list or follow me on facebook to keep up with the latest posts.
Everyone will love that this easy weeknight meal is cooked on one pan and takes just 15 minutes of prep. The chicken is cooked with butternut squash and mushrooms and herbs. It really is so simple and family friendly. Plus it is naturally gluten-free and paleo.
- 1 pound butternut squash, peeled and cut into 1-inch chunks
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2 teaspoons Herbs de Provance, divided
- 1 ¼ teaspoon coarse kosher salt, divided
- ½ teaspoon ground pepper
- 1 ½ pound boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 1 8-ounce container baby bella, crimini or white mushrooms, quartered
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Lightly coat a large baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Toss squash with 2 teaspoons oil, ¾ teaspoon salt and ¼ teaspoon pepper. Spread out on the baking sheet and place in the oven, roast 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, brush 2 teaspoons oil over the chicken and sprinkle with 1 teaspoon herbs, ¾ teaspoon salt and ¼ teaspoon pepper.
- Remove the baking sheet from the oven, add mushrooms, the remaining 1 teaspoon herbs, and the remaining 2 teaspoons oil. Toss the squash and the mushrooms until the mushrooms are moistened. Spread back out into an even layer. Nestle the chicken into the vegetables. Return the pan to the oven and continue roasting until the chicken is cooked through, is no longer pink in the center and the squash is tender, 20 minutes more.
- Serving Size: 4.5 ounces chicken and 1 cup vegetables
- Calories: 353
- Sugar: 3
- Sodium: 248
- Fat: 17
- Saturated Fat: 1
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 15
- Fiber: 3
- Protein: 35