Everyone will love that this easy weeknight meal is cooked on one pan and takes just 15 minutes of prep. The chicken is cooked with butternut squash and mushrooms and herbs. It really is so simple and family friendly. Plus it is naturally gluten-free and paleo.
- 1 pound butternut squash, peeled and cut into 1-inch chunks
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2 teaspoons Herbs de Provance, divided
- 1 ¼ teaspoon coarse kosher salt, divided
- ½ teaspoon ground pepper
- 1 ½ pound boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 1 8-ounce container baby bella, crimini or white mushrooms, quartered
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Lightly coat a large baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Toss squash with 2 teaspoons oil, ¾ teaspoon salt and ¼ teaspoon pepper. Spread out on the baking sheet and place in the oven, roast 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, brush 2 teaspoons oil over the chicken and sprinkle with 1 teaspoon herbs, ¾ teaspoon salt and ¼ teaspoon pepper.
- Remove the baking sheet from the oven, add mushrooms, the remaining 1 teaspoon herbs, and the remaining 2 teaspoons oil. Toss the squash and the mushrooms until the mushrooms are moistened. Spread back out into an even layer. Nestle the chicken into the vegetables. Return the pan to the oven and continue roasting until the chicken is cooked through, is no longer pink in the center and the squash is tender, 20 minutes more.
- Serving Size: 4.5 ounces chicken and 1 cup vegetables
- Calories: 353
- Sugar: 3
- Sodium: 248
- Fat: 17
- Saturated Fat: 1
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 15
- Fiber: 3
- Protein: 35