Meal Prep Spinach Beet and Chicken Power Salads
Looking for Meal Prep Lunch ideas? How about making this high-protein meal prep salad with chicken and beet for a week’s worth of healthy hunger-busting lunches?
Table of contents
Why We Love This Recipe For Meal Prep Spinach Beet and Chicken Power Salads
Meal prepping can be difficult to get into, but trust me, when you’ve started you’ll realize how much of a life-saver it is and you won’t be able to stop. You’ll especially love this idea for a meal prep lunch salad, because who really ever has time to make a great lunch mid-workday anyway.
- Can be customized to the veggies you have on hand or your favorite protein
- Mix up the dressing during the week for more variety in the flavor
- Makes use of seasonal veggies
- High in protein (30 g each!)
- Large portion but low-calorie density
Key Ingredients For This Recipe
- Baby Spinach: Use regular spinach if baby spinach isn’t available.
- Beets: Peeled and shredded raw beets.
- Other Vegetables: Carrots and kohlrabi.
- Chicken: Make one batch of my Garlic Herb Marinated Chicken. For these meal-prep salads, one batch yields enough chicken to provide 30 grams of protein per serving.
- Toasted nuts or seeds: Use walnuts or pumpkin seeds.
- Dressing: One batch apple cider vinegar salad dressing or another of your choice. I have a huge selection of healthy home-made salad dressings to choose from. This Maple Tahini Dressing or This Walnut Balsamic Vinaigrette would also be super yummy with the ingredients in these Meal Prep Salads ingredients.
Step-by-Step Instructions To Make These Meal Prep Spinach, Beet and Chicken Power Salads
Step 1: Assemble salads
Set 5 resealable containers on the work surface. Divide the spinach among the containers, then top with beet, carrot and kohlrabi. Add the chicken and nuts or seeds. Seal the containers shut.
Step 2: Diving dressing & refrigerate
Divide the salad dressing among 5 small jars or resealable storage containers. Refrigerate the meal prep lunch salad up to 5 days. Serve the salad with the dressing.
FAQs and Expert Tips
Pack these salads in resealable meal-prep glass containers with snap-lock lids and place them in the fridge. Pack the dressing separately and they will last for 5 days in the fridge. I like the little tiny ball jars for this, but any little spill-proof resealable container works well. Make sure the chicken is completely cool before adding it on top of the salads.
These are totally customizable! Feel free to swap the spinach out with any other preferred lettuce and chopped veggies in place of the beets, kohlrabi and carrots.
Switch the chicken for another protein such as rotisserie chicken, Vegan “tuna” salad made with chickpeas or you could also make a batch of my Crispy Pan Seared Salmon to mix it up. I love the convenience of buying cooked cocktail shrimp too.
Also, if you don’t like nuts or have an allergy, omit them completely or add croutons instead. Just make sure to keep them separate so they do not get soggy.
Additional Meal Prep Recipes to Make
Thanks so much for reading! If you are new here, you may want to sign up for my email newsletter to get a free weekly menu plan and the latest recipes right to your inbox. If you make this recipe, please come back and leave a star rating and review. I would love to hear what you thought!
Happy Cooking! ~KatiePrint
A High-protein meal prep lunch idea: Spinach, Beet and Chicken Power Salads. Prep on Sunday and bring lunch to work all week long. 30 grams of protein, 10 grams of net carbs and naturally gluten-free, paleo and whole30 compliant.
- 1 5-ounce box baby spinach
- 2 small beet, peeled and shredded
- 2 carrots, peeled and shredded
- 1 medium kohlrabi, peeled and julienne cut or shredded
- 1 batch grilled Garlic Herb Marinated Chicken
- 10 tablespoons toasted nuts or seeds, such as walnuts or pumpkin seeds
- 1 batch apple cider vinegar salad dressing or another of your choice
- Set 5 re-sealable containers on work surface. Divide spinach among the containers. Top with beet, carrot and kohlrabi. Add chicken and nuts or seeds. Seal container.
- Divide salad dressing among 5 small jars or re-sealable storage containers. Refrigerate up to 5 days. Serve the salad with the dressing.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Category: entree
- Method: No Cook
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 salad
- Calories: 377
- Fat: 27
- Carbohydrates: 15
- Fiber: 5
- Protein: 30
Keywords: Power Salad,Meal Prep Salad,High Protein Salad with Chicken,meal prep spinach beet and chicken power salads