5-Ingredient Ground Turkey Lettuce Wraps
These Ground Turkey Lettuce Wraps are simple to make with 5 everyday grocery store ingredients! They take just 15 minutes to make and are bursting with flavorful lean turkey, crunchy water chestnuts, and sweet and savory hoisin sauce.
This post contains affiliate links.
Table of contents
Why We Love This Recipe For Turkey Lettuce Wraps
It’s no secret that I’m a huge fan of incorporating ground turkey into my family’s weeknight dinner rotation. From turkey lasagna, turkey bolognese, and turkey kebabs to turkey pasta bake and turkey shepherd’s pie. We are never running out of ideas on how to jazz up this convenient lean protein choice! Lately, I’ve been going back to these simple lettuce wraps over and over again!
Not only do these 5 ingredient ground turkey lettuce wraps only use 5 ingredients, but they also take just 15 minutes to make. This recipe is truly a lifesaver for when you really need to slam out a delicious dinner on a busy night. And that pretty much describes every evening around here lately!
These turkey lettuce wraps are slightly sweet but rich in flavor from the savory hoisin sauce that is the powerhouse seasoning in these easy Asian-inspired wraps. Mix in freshly sliced scallions and some canned chopped water chestnuts for that satisfying crunch – this flavorful healthy meal will quickly make its way into your list of repeats.
- High in protein
- Made in 15 minutes
- Made with 5 pantry staples
- Easy family-friendly meal
Ingredients for Turkey Lettuce Cups
- Ground Turkey: This recipe calls for a 20-ounce container of ground turkey. We have tested it with a 1-pound package and the recipe comes out fine – you’ll just have slightly less filling. Feel free to use whatever leanness of turkey you want. We’ve been using 93% lean lately because it is lower in fat and calories, and the hoisin is so flavorful and saucy that we barely even notice how lean it is!
- Lettuce: Boston, Green Leaf, Bibb lettuce, or butter lettuce can all be used for the wraps. You can also spoon the turkey filling into Romaine hearts if you happen to have them on hand. Or for a crunchier option use iceberg lettuce. If it tears as you pull the leaves off, simply stack two lettuce leaves together.
- Hoisin: You can find hoisin in the Asian section of the supermarket. It is a very thick liquid that provides Asian dishes with those iconic salty yet savory notes. Use leftover hoisin sauce for these Hoisin Turkey Meatballs or this simple Ground Pork and Hoisin Stirfry.
- Green Onions: Also known as scallions, be sure to pick ones with firm stalks and bright green leaves.
- Water Chestnuts: Located in the Asian section of most supermarkets. Canned water chestnuts can be purchased sliced or whole. If buying whole, drain well and then chop.
Step By Step Instructions To Make This Recipe
Step 1: Brown Ground Turkey
In a large non-stick skillet, coat with cooking spray and heat over medium-high heat. Add the turkey and cook, breaking it up into small chunks until no longer pink.
Step 2: Season Ground Turkey Mixture
Stir in scallions, water chestnuts, and hoisin sauce. Cook, stirring until heated through.
Step 3: Fill Lettuce Cups
To lettuce cups or leaves, mound in the ground turkey mixture and immediately enjoy!
FAQs and Expert Tips
Lettuce can be cleaned and stored in a ziplock bag with paper towels for up to 1 week. The ground turkey filling can be cooked 4 days ahead. For freshest taste wait to add the scallions (green onions) when you reheat the filling.
The filling can be reheated in the microwave on high power until steaming hot. Alternatively, reheat in a non-stick skillet over medium heat (add a little broth or water to moisten if necessary) until warmed through.
Keep the turkey mixture refrigerated in a resealable container in the refrigerator.
Variations to Try
- While we love the simplicity of making these lettuce wraps with only 5 basic ingredients, if you are wanting a copycat of PF Chang’s Lettuce Wraps recipe then feel free to jazz up the seasoning by adding in: Grated ginger or finely chopped garlic clove with the turkey.
- Use a little soy sauce to taste.
- For more crunch add on chopped unsalted peanuts for garnish or sprinkle on toasted sesame seeds before serving.
- Add spice with your favorite hot sauce or red chili paste like Sambal Oelek or Sriracha.
- Add in veggies for additional low-calorie bulk. Options include sliced mushrooms, shredded or julienne-cut carrots, and thinly sliced red bell peppers.
- Try ground beef or lean ground pork instead of ground turkey. Or chicken is another great alternative and just as lean as turkey.
While these simple turkey lettuce cups can be enjoyed as a complete meal all on their own, sometimes, you want a more substantial fare. And when we are in the mood for a big Asian-inspired spread, we like to serve these Asian wraps with a pot of basmati rice or a bowl of Sesame Noodles, along with this vegan Broccoli Salad with Sweet Miso Dressing, Sesame Roasted Asparagus Salad, or steamed broccoli drizzled with this sesame salad dressing.
More Ground Turkey Recipes To Try
- Ground Turkey Enchiladas are a quick and easy variation of a Mexican classic! This hearty, flavorful dish is full of authentic flavors but is ready from start to finish in just 45 minutes!
- Healthy Turkey Meatloaf is a simple recipe full of veggies and topped with an irresistible sweet and tangy glaze! Perfect for Sunday supper or as a make-ahead for a tasty weeknight meal this meatloaf is sure to please.
- Simple to prepare, this Ground Turkey Crockpot Chili is high in protein, loaded with veggies, and bursting with flavor – it’s simply the best chili you’ll ever enjoy!
- These Turkey Wontons in Turkey Mapo Sauce are a flavorful, high protein, Asian-inspired dish for those days when you’re craving both Asian and turkey.
- Ready in under 30 minutes, this easy Ground Turkey Stir Fry is full of lean protein, crunchy bell peppers, fresh green onions, and bursting with classic Asian flavors.
Thanks so much for reading! If you are new here, you may want to sign up for my email newsletter to get a free weekly menu plan and the latest recipes right to your inbox. If you make this recipe, please come back and leave a star rating and review. I would love to hear what you thought!
Happy Cooking! ~KatiePrint
These Ground Turkey Lettuce Wraps are simple to make with 5 everyday grocery store ingredients! They take just 15 minutes to complete and burst with flavorful lean turkey, crunchy water chestnuts, and sweet and savory hoisin sauce.
- 20 ounces of ground turkey, preferably 93% lean
- 1 bunch of scallions, thinly sliced
- 1 8-ounce can of sliced water chestnuts, drained and roughly chopped
- ½ cup hoisin sauce
- 1 head Boston Bibb lettuce or iceberg lettuce, broken into 12 individual leaves or cups
- Coat a large non-stick skillet with cooking spray and heat over medium-high heat. Add turkey and cook, breaking it up into small chunks until no longer pink, 6 to 7 minutes.
- Stir in scallions, water chestnuts, and hoisin sauce. Cook, stirring until heated through, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Mound the ground turkey in the lettuce cups or leaves and enjoy immediately.
Make Ahead: Lettuce can be cleaned and stored in a ziplock bag with paper towels for up to 1 week. The ground turkey filling can be cooked 4 days ahead. For freshest taste wait to add the scallions (green onions) when you reheat the filling.
Storage: Keep the turkey mixture refrigerated in a resealable container in the refrigerator.
Reheating: The filling can be reheated in the microwave on high power until steaming hot. Alternatively, reheat in a non-stick skillet over medium heat (add a little broth or water to moisten if necessary) until warmed through.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Category: Main Course
- Method: Stove Top
- Cuisine: Asian
- Serving Size: 3 lettuce wraps with 1/3 cup filling each
- Calories: 368
- Sugar: 13 g
- Fat: 15 g
- Carbohydrates: 18 g
- Fiber: 1 g
- Protein: 40 g
Keywords: turkey lettuce wraps, ground turkey lettuce wraps, turkey lettuce wraps recipe, ground turkey wraps lettuce, turkey lettuce cups, ground turkey lettuce cups, Asian ground turkey lettuce wraps, Asian lettuce wraps turkey