Sesame Roasted Asparagus Salad
This sesame roasted asparagus salad is a cinch to whip together. Roasted asparagus is super easy, and it makes a perfect base for flavorful sesame salad dressing. You can either serve it warm or let it come to room temperature.
Why This Recipe Works
Local fresh asparagus is finally here! The trees have leafed out in their entirety (most species at least) and I feel like a huge wave of relief has washed over me. I am a summer time gal, and the warm months are here to stay.
With asparagus in the house I knew that I would have to add it to the collection of salad month recipes for you guys. No lettuce required. Just asparagus and dressing.
I was going to add some scallions for garnish, but I decided to keep it even simpler than that. Roasting is really such a yummy way to prepare asparagus, a flavorful dressing is really all that’s needed to call it done.
I went back to the uber yummmmmy and easy sesame salad dressing for this recipe. I’m so glad to have the rest of the batch to add to more salads this week. The greens are rolling in from local farms and in our CSA so I am just trying to keep up! Plus we got a cucumber that would be happily drizzled in it.
If all goes well I really am going to plant my vegetable garden today. Snow or no.
More Asparagus Recipes
- Turn on the grill for Grilled Asparagus and top it with Hollandaise or Pesto.
- This One Pot Chicken and Rice with Spring Veggies is bursting with asparagus and peas.
- This Asparagus Pizza is a great springtime dinner that’s ready in a half hour.
- This Roasted Asparagus and Goat Cheese Salad is a vegetarian entree salad to try this spring.
- My asparagus panzanella with a poached egg is great for brunch or dinner. And this make ahead Asparagus with Tarragon Vinaigrette is perfect for a spring brunch or for entertaining.
- This Shaved Asparagus Salad with Goat Cheese and Hazelnuts is made with raw asparagus cut into ribbons with a veggie peeler.
- This Frittata with Ham and Asparagus is another spring brunch entree to consider.
- Find more asparagus recipe ideas here!
Thanks so much for reading. If you make this recipe, let me know by leaving a star rating and review. Happy Cooking! ~KatiePrint
Simple roasted asparagus salad recipe with sesame dressing added right before serving. It can be served hot or let it cool to room temperature for relaxed gatherings.
- 2 ½ pounds asparagus, pithy ends snapped off (1 ½ pounds trimmed)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ teaspoon coarse kosher salt
- ½ cup Sesame dressing
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Chop asparagus into 1 to 2 inch lengths, on the bias if desired. Toss with oil and salt in a large bowl. Spread out on a large rimmed baking sheet. Roast, stirring once until browned in spots and crisp tender, 8 to 12 minutes. Transfer to a large platter. Right before serving, pour dressing over the asparagus.
- Serving Size: 2/3 cup
- Calories: 104
- Sodium: 637
- Fat: 5
- Saturated Fat: 1
- Carbohydrates: 13
- Fiber: 4
- Protein: 5