Here is a recipe for Peach Smoothie with Banana, coconut water and Greek yogurt. Try it for a snack or after a workout for a recovery meal.
If you love to workout then you may be curious about eating after a sweat session and what that does for muscle recovery. I had a conversation I had a while back.
I was lucky enough to talk to sports scientist, Declan Connolly. He was Professor of Physical Education at the University of Vermont. And he knew A LOT about muscle recovery.
When we spoke, he told me that for optimum recovery I have to strike the right balance of roughly four parts carbohydrate to one part protein in the post work-out snack department, And I have to be sure to grab it 15 to 20 minutes after a workout. “
That window opens and closes very quickly,” said Connolly. He also urged that for an average woman who exercises for an hour (or even two) each day, the number of calories in the snack is important.
He warned against taking in too many calories. 150 to 165 calories per snack should do it for a woman weighing 150 pounds. For most men or for more intense training that would be around 200-250 cals.
So I thought today would be a great time to share this Peach Recovery Smoothie. It has that four to one ratio of carbohydrates to protein he mentioned.
And it has both coconut water and bananas in it, which are both a natural source of potassium.
More Smoothie Recipes
- This Healthy Green Smoothie is low in sugar and filled with fruit and veggies.
- This Vanilla Green Protein Smoothie with spinach is a great green smoothie for beginners.
- If this smoothie is your cup of tea, make sure to check out this Peanut Butter Banana Smoothie.
- This recipe for Green Apple Smoothie is paleo and vegan.
- My recipe for Chocolate Recovery Shake is a lightened up way to get your protein after a workout.
- This Pear and Avocado Smoothie is lightly sweetened with honey.
- This Peach Cobbler Smoothie has oats and cinnamon in it!
Thanks so much for reading. If you are new here you may want to sign up for my free weekly email newsletter for healthy recipes delivered right to your inbox. Or follow me on Instagram. If you make this recipe, please come back and leave a star rating and review! It is very appreciated. Happy Cooking! ~KatiePrint
This recipe for Peach Smoothie is made with coconut water, Greek yogurt, banana and peaches.
- 1 cup low-fat vanilla Greek-style yogurt
- 1 cup pure coconut water
- 2 peaches, pitted and quartered
- 1 banana, peeled and broken in half
- ½ cup ice cubes
- Combine yogurt, coconut water, peaches, banana and ice in a blender. Puree until smooth, 30 to 45 seconds.
- Serving Size: 1 3/4 cups
- Calories: 207
- Sugar: 29 g
- Sodium: 54 mg
- Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 40g
- Fiber: 4 g
- Protein: 13 g