peach and goat cheese panini and giveaway
I’m super psyched to be here today with this delicious peach and goat cheese panini and a giveaway. The tangy creaminess of the fresh goat cheese pairs perfectly with the sweet juiciness of the ripe peaches to make one awesome vegetarian panini that’s ready in 15 minutes!!
I used to be the biggest goat cheese lover in my family. That was the case until my 4-year-old daughter Penny discovered it. Now I think she holds the title for sure. Penny even has a special expression she makes when thinking about goat cheese. Her eyes roll back into her head, and she gets a dazed smile. Really, she loves all cheeses (even bleu!) But of all the cheeses on the board she like goat cheese the best. She even loves soft-ripened aged goat cheeses! (I am a lucky Mommy to have such a good eater!)
Penny and I are so happy to have this Giveaway going on right now, because it is all about kids and goat cheese. Vermont Butter & Cheese Creamery and Zutano have teamed together for the occasion. Zutano makes kids clothes with super soft fabrics with lots of quirky fun prints. Zutano is actually Vermont based, so we have had a ton of it over the years. My oldest daughter even came home from the hospital in head to toe Zutano.
These two awesome companies have teamed up to bring bigger awareness that goat cheese is a healthy source of protein for children. And it is easy to digest for sensitive tummies. They are calling the promotion Kids and Kids. Cute right? So right here on Healthy Seasonal Recipes they are giving away a Vermont Butter and Cheese Creamery gift basket and a $75 Zutano gift card! You’d have to be crazy to not enter this one. Even if you don’t have children, these clothes make amazing gifts. And these cheeses are fabulous. Entry requirements are below the recipe. I used the fresh goat cheese in these panini with fresh sliced peaches. My favorite summer fruit. Don’t worry, if you don’t have a panini press, check out this post my sister wrote to find out about an alternative method.
I’m psyched to be here today with this peach and goat cheese panini and giveaway. The tangy goat cheese pairs perfectly with the sweetness of the peaches!!
- 3 ounces fresh goat cheese
- ¼ cup plain non-fat yogurt
- 1/8 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- pinch salt
- 4 large slices honey whole-wheat bread
- 1 peach, pitted and thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon raw agave or honey
- Preheat pannini press to medium-high.
- Meanwhile, mash goat cheese, yogurt, pumpkin pie spice and salt in a medium bowl to make smooth spreadable consistency. Lay bread out on work surface. Make two sandwiches by spreading goat cheese over the four slices of bread, and top with a single layer of peach slices. Put tops on sandwiches.
- Lightly coat pannini press with cooking spray (or brush with a tiny bit of melted butter or oil.) Add sandwiches and cook until the sandwiches are toasted and hot all the way through, 5 to 8 minutes. Transfer to a cutting board.
- Carefully cut pannini in half, and serve with agave or honey.
Kids and Kids, Vermont Butter and Cheese Creamery and Zutano Giveaway ENTRY REQUIREMENTS
THIS GIVEAWAY IS NOW CLOSED.
The winner has been selected at Random.org. The winner is comment number 17, Carol S. who is a big fan of apricots. Yum. Me too Carol. I bet they would be great on this sandwich too:) Thank you to Zutano and Vermont Butter and Cheese Creamery for their wonderful products and for making this giveaway possible.
How to Enter:
Leave a comment on this post telling me what your favorite summer fruit is.
July 15, 2013, 4:00pm EST.
Gain more entries by leaving a SEPARATE comment for EACH:
- Follow HealthySeasonalRecipes on Instagram and Leave a comment that you did on this post.
- Follow Vermont Butter and Cheese Creamery on Pinterest and leave a separate comment here that you did.
- Follow Zutano on Pinterest and leave a separate comment here that you did.
Details, Details: This giveaway is open to U.S. Residents only. No purchase necessary to enter. Winner will be selected at random through Random.org. All entries received after the giveaway closing day and time will not be considered. Entries that do not follow the entry requirements will not be considered. Winner will be notified via email. Product was provided to The Chef Next Door LLC by Vermont Butter and Cheese Creamery and Zutano free of charge. Prize will be directly provided to winner by Vermont Butter and Cheese Creamery and Zutano. All opinions expressed here are my own.