the curry wedge salad
Today I have a BIG giveaway and a recipe for this ridiculously yummy iceberg wedge salad with creamy yogurt curry dressing, golden raisins, cashews and bacon. It is a mash-up twist on the Classic Wedge Salad.
I have wanted to make a classic wedge salad with cherry tomatoes and blue cheese dressing for the blog for-like-ever and I decided I’d put it on the calendar for #SaladMonth. I even typed up a hypothesis draft and bought cherry tomatoes and blue cheese. But then I started snoring because that was so boooring!
At least compared to this crunchy, crispy, creamy, curry, sweet and savory, junked-up, mash-up of a salad. I do love the classic wedge. But this salad? This one! This salad makes me want to do an eye-avertingly embarrassingly kooky salad lovin’ dance my people! Can we agree there shall be no sleep-inducing recipes policy during salad month?
This Wedge salad is primal and gluten-free and under 300 calories per serving!
Don’t miss this Ultimate Guide to Lettuce!Print
Iceberg wedge salad with creamy yogurt curry dressing, golden raisins, cashews and bacon. It is a mash-up twist on the Classic Wedge Salad.
- ½ cup plain non-fat Greek yogurt
- 3 tablespoons avocado oil or organic canola oil
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon white vinegar or cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 head iceberg lettuce, loose outer leaves removed
- 4 strips bacon cooked and crumbled
- ½ cup chopped unsalted roasted cashews
- ¼ cup golden raisins
- ¼ cup chopped chives
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- Whisk yogurt, oil, vinegar, honey, curry, salt and pepper in a medium bowl. Set aside.
- Remove core from lettuce head. Cut lettuce into large wedges. Depending on the size of the head you can cut it into quarters or six pieces (and reserve the extra two for another use.) Place wedges cut size up on four plates.
- Drizzle the dressing over the lettuce, dividing evenly. Top wedges with bacon, cashews, raisins, chives and cilantro.
Sat Fat: 3 g. Protein: 9 g. Fiber: 3 g. Total Carb: 23 g.
- Serving Size: 1 wedge
- Calories: 289
- Fat: 21