Curry Wedge Salad
This curry wedge salad is the ultimate twist on the classic wedge salad! With creamy yogurt curry dressing, golden raisins, cashews, and bacon, this salad is a flavor and texture combination like no other. You can enjoy this gourmet wedge salad as a side, but it’s hearty and flavorful enough to be your main dish!
Table of contents
Why We Love This Recipe For Curry Wedge Salad
We have wanted to make a classic wedge salad with cherry tomatoes and blue cheese dressing for the blog for quite a while, but the more we thought about it the more we realized we wanted to create a more exciting salad to add to the mix!
This crunchy, crispy, creamy, sweet and savory curry flavored salad is a twist on a classic salad will have everyone raving!
- Naturally gluten-free recipe
- Under 300 calories per serving
- Full of crunchy, crispy, creamy texture
- Will fulfill your sweet and savory cravings
- Has the basics of a classic wedge, but with loads of additional flavor
Key Ingredients for this Gourmet Wedge Salad Recipe
- Greek Yogurt: Plain, non-fat yogurt for a creamy dressing
- Oil: Avocado oil or organic canola oil
- Vinegar: White or cider vinegar
- Seasonings: Salt, curry powder, freshly ground pepper
- Iceberg Lettuce: Loose outer leaves removed. Learn more about iceberg in our Ultimate Guide to Lettuce!
- Bacon: Cooked and crumbled
- Roasted Cashews: Unsalted
- Golden Raisins
- Garnish: Chopped chives and cilantro
How To Make Curry Wedge Salad
Step 1: Make Creamy Curry Dressing
Whisk the yogurt, oil, vinegar, honey, curry, salt, and pepper in a medium bowl until combined. Set aside.
Step 2: Cut Lettuce Wedges
Remove the core from the iceberg lettuce head. Cut the lettuce into large wedges. Depending on the size of the heat, you can cut it into quarters or six pieces and then reserve the extra two for another use. Place the wedges (cut side up!) on four plates.
Step 3: Garnish and Plate
Drizzle the curry salad dressing over the lettuce wedge, dividing evenly. Top the wedges with bacon, cashews, raisins, chives, and cilantro.
FAQs and Expert Tips
The basic wedge salad is a wedge of iceberg lettuce topped with bleu cheese dressing, bacon crumbles, tomato, and chives.
Cut the wedge with a fork and a knife like you would a piece of meat. The toppings are drizzled on top so eat bite contains every topping and flavor combination. Some people like cutting up their entire wedge into bite-sized pieces and tossing the toppings with the lettuce, which is then a chopped salad.
You can prepare the dressing a couple of days ahead of time and then store it in the refrigerator in an airtight container.
Substitutions and Variations To Try
- For a low-calorie dressing option, try our Healthy Greek Yogurt Ranch Salad Dressing.
- Instead of our curry dressing, use this Thai Peanut Dressing instead.
- Or try Tahini Dressing!
- Use leftover Roasted Chicken as an additional topping or side to your curry wedge salad.
Thanks so much for reading! If you are new here, you may want to sign up for my email newsletter to get a free weekly menu plan and the latest recipes right to your inbox. If you make this recipe, please come back and leave a star rating and review. I would love to hear what you thought!
Happy Cooking! ~KatiePrint
This curry wedge salad is the ultimate mash-up twist on the classic wedge salad! With creamy yogurt curry dressing, golden raisins, cashews, and bacon, this salad is a flavor and texture combination like no other. You can enjoy this gourmet wedge salad as a side, but it’s hearty and flavorful enough to be your main dish!
- ½ cup plain non-fat Greek yogurt
- 3 tablespoons avocado oil or organic canola oil
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon white vinegar or cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 head iceberg lettuce, loose outer leaves removed
- 4 strips bacon cooked and crumbled
- ½ cup chopped unsalted roasted cashews
- ¼ cup golden raisins
- ¼ cup chopped chives
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- Whisk yogurt, oil, vinegar, honey, curry, salt and pepper in a medium bowl. Set aside.
- Remove core from lettuce head. Cut lettuce into large wedges. Depending on the size of the head you can cut it into quarters or six pieces (and reserve the extra two for another use.) Place wedges cut side up on four plates.
- Drizzle the dressing over the lettuce, dividing evenly. Top wedges with bacon, cashews, raisins, chives and cilantro.
For a low-calorie dressing option, try our Healthy Greek Yogurt Ranch Salad Dressing.
- Prep Time: 20 mins
- Active Time: 20 mins
- Category: Salad
- Method: No Cook
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 wedge
- Calories: 289
- Fat: 21
Keywords: wedge salad, iceberg wedge, curry salad dressing, gourmet wedge salad