Iceberg wedge salad with creamy yogurt curry dressing, golden raisins, cashews and bacon. It is a mash-up twist on the Classic Wedge Salad.
- ½ cup plain non-fat Greek yogurt
- 3 tablespoons avocado oil or organic canola oil
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon white vinegar or cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 head iceberg lettuce, loose outer leaves removed
- 4 strips bacon cooked and crumbled
- ½ cup chopped unsalted roasted cashews
- ¼ cup golden raisins
- ¼ cup chopped chives
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- Whisk yogurt, oil, vinegar, honey, curry, salt and pepper in a medium bowl. Set aside.
- Remove core from lettuce head. Cut lettuce into large wedges. Depending on the size of the head you can cut it into quarters or six pieces (and reserve the extra two for another use.) Place wedges cut size up on four plates.
- Drizzle the dressing over the lettuce, dividing evenly. Top wedges with bacon, cashews, raisins, chives and cilantro.
Sat Fat: 3 g. Protein: 9 g. Fiber: 3 g. Total Carb: 23 g.
- Serving Size: 1 wedge
- Calories: 289
- Fat: 21