This protein packed, vegan, super green edamame hummus is bursting with nutrients and it’s so delicious. My daughters love it for snack or to make a tortilla roll-up for their lunch boxes.
For this recipe, I took the usual suspects from traditional hummus: chickpeas, lemon, garlic, tahini and olive oil and then added in edamame and garden fresh spinach. The result is a bright green superfood hummus that moms and kids will love.
It only takes 10 minutes to make and it keeps for four days in the fridge, which makes it a convenient lunchbox staple. You’ll want to keep these ingredients on hand all school year long!
A few pieces of news: I’m off to Italy next week, and I hope you’ll follow along on Instagram. I won’t leave you hanging in the recipe department though. I have my friend Lindsay of Cotter Crunch stopping by to share a recipe with you all. And I have also planned ahead and scheduled a new summery salad dressing for your farmers market and CSA vegetable salad loving needs.
I also wanted to let you know that I am thinking ahead to the recipes I will be working on when I get back so if you have any recipes in particular you’re dying to see here let me know by leaving a comment below. Thanks so much for reading, friends!
This protein packed edamame hummus is ready in 10 minutes and makes a yummy kid friendly snack!
- 1 cup canned chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup frozen edamame, thawed
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon tahini
- ½ clove garlic, minced
- 1 ¼ teaspoon coarse kosher salt, divided
- 1 cup fresh spinach leaves
- ½ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Puree chickpeas, edamame, lemon juice and tahini in a food processor, scraping sides as necessary until as smooth as possible, about 1 minute.
- Mash garlic and ½ teaspoon salt with the side of a chefs knife to make a paste. Add garlic salt paste, spinach and the remaining ¾ teaspoon salt to the food processor and pulse 8 to 10 times to combine, scraping sides as necessary.
- With motor running drizzle in oil and continue to process, scraping down sides if necessary, until smooth, 1 to 2 minutes. Store up to 4 days in the refrigerator.