maple tahini roasted salmon
This maple tahini roasted salmon is a keep in your back pocket recipe! It’s glamorous enough for company, but easy enough for a weeknight. And it only has 10 minutes of prep time! Just whisk the marinade together and let the salmon marinate for 30 minutes. Roast it and then that’s it! You are a rockstar because this salmon is sublime. The silky, rich fish with the nutty tasting tahini, and sweet ginger sauce is to die for!
Ingredients For This Recipe
Tahini can be found in the international isle of well stocked supermarkets. It is often with the Middle Eastern ingredients. It is an important component in Hummus and used as a condiment in Middle Eastern cuisine.
Pure maple syrup
Make sure you purchase pure maple syrup. My husband and I make our own maple syrup and I even wrote a cookbook about it, so trust me when I say, the pure stuff is so much better than pancake syrup (which is corn syrup with artificial flavors added to it.)
If you avoid wheat and gluten look for Tamari which is wheat free soy sauce. Or you can use regular soy sauce if you are not sensitive and that’s what you have on hand.
I like to grate the garlic with a microplane grater for this marinade so it melts into the marinade. Just peel the cloves and run them along the grater. Stop short of the ends and toss the nubs into the marinade.
Peel the ginger with a kitchen spoon or vegetable peeler then mince it or grate it with the grater. I think fresh ginger has the best flavor for this marinade.
Boneless skinless salmon
Look on the Seafood Watch app or website to check which kind of Salmon to buy. It changes frequently depending on which farms are using sustainable practices or populations are overfished. Buy center cut boneless salmon.
You can ask the fish monger to remove the pin bones and skin for you. Or you can do it yourself.
Remove the pin bones with clean needle nose pliers. Remove the skin with a chef’s knife. Or you can leave the skin on, and remove it once it is cooked.
How To Make This Marinated Roasted Salmon
- Make the maple tahini marinade in a baking dish. Simply whisk together the tahini, maple syrup, tamari, garlic and ginger.
- Set aside two tablespoons of this mixture to use as a sauce for serving.
- Add the salmon to the marinade and set it in the refrigerator.
- Marinate the salmon for 30 minutes, turning it over in the marinade about half way.
Roasting the Salmon
- Line a baking sheet with parchment and preheat the oven to 450 degrees.
- Remove the salmon from the marinade and discard the marinade. Let excess marinade drip off the salmon.
- Lay the salmon on the parchment-lined sheet and transfer it to the oven.
How To Tell When The Salmon is Done
- To test if the salmon is done, you can use an instant read thermometer to check the internal temperature. Remove it when it reads 125 degrees F.
- You can also test the salmon for doneness with a knife. Simply press the knife into the salmon to see if it flakes. If you like your salmon medium or medium-rare pull the salmon out of the oven while the center is still dark pink. (It will lighten and become opaque as it cooks.)
- For ¾-inch thick filet it will take about 6 to 8 minutes. For 1-inch filets, 7 to 9 minutes, and for thicker pieces, 9- 12 minutes.
Once the salmon comes out of the oven, you can tent it with foil or serve it immediately. Drizzle the reserved 2 tablespoons of unused marinade over the fish, dividing evenly.
To garnish sprinkle with sesame seeds and scallions if you like.
What To Serve With This Easy Maple Tahini Roasted Salmon
- The ginger in the marinade gives this roasted salmon a slightly Asian flair, so I would recommend pairing it with an Asian inspired salad like this Cucumber and napa cabbage coleslaw, or this Mizuna Salad with Peanuts.
- For a fast option this Asian Coleslaw is a good one and super pretty with its colorful veggies.
- These Sesame Noodles or these Peanut Noodles with Cabbage would also be great.
More Easy Salmon Recipes
- We’ve been loving this spicy and sweet Simple Sriracha Marmalade Glazed Salmon
- Easy Salmon with Avocado and Basil is super fast!
- Salad Nicose with Pesto Salmon- Its one of my fave big salads ever!
- This Sheet Pan Salmon with Moroccan Flavors has chickpeas and carrots.
- This Roasted Salmon Sheet Dinner with green beans and cherry tomatoes is as easy as it is pretty!
- If you haven’t tried baked Salmon in Foil before, then get ready to be impressed with how easy it is! Plus clean up is a breeze.
- This Salmon Nicoise Salad is what I ask for for Mother’s Day dinner. It is one of my favorite meals.
- This Grilled Salmon Puttanesca is a great summer meal with pasta.
- This Wasabi Glazed Salmon Meal Prep Salad recipe is great for lunches.
- If you make salmon regularly, then you’ll want to save this recipe for Lemon Caper Salmon Cakes because it is a great way to use leftover salmon.
Thanks for reading. If you make this recipe, please come back and review and rate!!
This maple tahini roasted salmon is a keep in your back pocket recipe! It’s glamorous enough for company, but easy enough for a kid friendly weeknight. And it only has 10 minutes of prep time!
- ¼ cup tahini
- ¼ cup pure maple syrup, dark or amber
- 2 tablespoons tamari
- 1 garlic clove, grated or minced
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger root
- 1 ½ pound boneless skinless salmon
- sesame seeds and scallions for garnish, optional
- Whisk together tahini, maple, tamari, garlic and ginger in a baking dish. Spoon 2 tablespoons of the tahini mixture into a small dish and set in the refrigerator for step 4. Place salmon in the marinade, and turn to coat. Set in refrigerator 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile preheat oven to 450 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment.
- Drain salmon and discard marinade. Arrange on the parchment lined baking sheet. Transfer the baking sheet to the oven and roast until the salmon is cooked to desired doneness, depending on thickness of salmon. Check for doneness by probing the fish with a knife, it’s best if it flakes but is still slightly very slightly rare in the center. For ¾-inch thick filet 6 to 8 minutes. For 1-inch filets 7 to 9 minutes. And for thicker 9- 12 minutes.
- Drizzle the reserved tahini sauce over the hot salmon. Sprinkle with sesame seeds and scallions. Serve immediately.
- Calories: 225
- Sugar: 8 g
- Sodium: 775 mg
- Fat: 6 g
- Saturated Fat: 1 g
- Carbohydrates: 10
- Fiber: 1 g
- Protein: 33 g