simple sriracha marmalade glazed salmon
This salmon recipe is so simple! Just salmon, salt, orange marmalade and Sriracha hot sauce. It’s so yummy, naturally gluten-free, and ready in 20 minutes flat.
Want a peek inside the craziness of the food bloggers mind for a second? This is what went through my little brain as I was trying to figure out what to call this recipe.
Do oil and salt count as ingredients when you’re calling something 3 ingredient salmon? Oh man, I don’t know what to do, I want to call this 3 ingredient Sriracha Marmalade Glazed Salmon, but in addition to the Sriracha, salmon and marmalade, I also used oil and salt. So is that 3 or 5 ingredients? I think 5… but I wish I could say 3. If I call it 3 more people will check it out, but then what if they feel gipped because they see that I also called for oil and salt…
And so I end up calling it Simple Sriracha Marmelade Glazed Salmon. Because… I don’t know what to do.
Sooo, can I just tell you something? This salmon… It. Is. Everything!!!
It makes me want to drop an F-bomb for emphasis. That’s how fffffantastically good it is!
You guys, try it. That’s all I am going to say.
Okay wait, I’ll say more. So, to make this really super duper easy recipe all you need to do is sear the salmon on one side. Flip it over, spoon the mixture of marmalade and Sriracha over it, and then finish it in the oven. The whole thing takes 15 minutes. Maybe 20 if your oven takes forever to heat up and you’re having the above mentioned thoughts in your head, and walking around your kitchen in circles. My point, is that it is fast and delicious. Like weeknight fast. Like no-excuses fast.
And the best part is that it is so yummy, that it is the newest member of the Best Of Healthy Seasonal Recipes list. The searing step really makes an awesome crispy edge, and then the level of heat is divine with the sweet and bitter marmalade. Gah! You’re gonna love it. My daughter devoured it and asked for seconds, and even my not-super-psyched-about-fish husband loved it. So that’s saying a lot.
What say you, is this a three ingredient recipe or a five ingredient recipe?
Do your kids eat spicy food?
Is everyone in your family a fish lover?
This simple salmon recipe is everything! It’s a little spicy, a little sweet and is ready in 20 minutes or less!
- 1 teaspoon coarse kosher salt
- 4 4-ounce portions boneless skinless salmon filet
- 1 teaspoon avocado oil
- ¼ cup orange marmalade
- 1 tablespoon Sriracha
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Sprinkle salt all over the salmon.
- Heat a large oven-proof skillet (preferably cast iron) over medium-high heat. Add oil and brush over the bottom of the skillet with a heat proof pastry brush. When oil is very hot, lay salmon in the skillet, skinned side-down and let cook undisturbed until the bottom is browned and the fish releases easily from the hot skillet, 3 to 4 minutes.
- Meanwhile, stir marmalade and Sriracha in a small bowl.
- Carefully flip fish over and spoon the marmalade mixture over the fish. Transfer the skillet to the oven and let continue cooking until the fish is just barely opaque in the center, 2 to 4 minutes for medium-well. Serve hot.
- Calories: 301
- Sugar: 14 g
- Sodium: 620 mg
- Fat: 13 g
- Saturated Fat: 11 g
- Carbohydrates: 17 g
- Fiber: 0 g
- Protein: 28 g