These Chicken Salad Bites with Cranberries and Walnuts are the easiest little appetizers, and they’re ready in only 15 minutes! Just stir cooked chicken together with the Greek Yogurt dressing, and then spoon it into purchased fillo cups. Or you can make your own wonton cups from scratch!
Should we even discuss that it is election day today? I think not. That most likely will make every single one of us loose our appetites completely.
Instead let’s talk about these little appetizers! Aren’t they adorbs?
I got the idea for them from one of my old recipes Sesame Chicken Wonton Cups. This time, I made the chicken salad much more traditional with a creamy base. I lightened it up with Greek Yogurt and added in tarragon, because that’s my fave!
Then I put in some cranberries and walnuts for added flavor and interest. It is such a fantastic combination.
Get more healthy easy appetizers here.
Gina of Running to the Kitchen made a Tart Cherry Glazed Turkey! Wowzers!
Mike made us a Vegan Apple Butternut Squash Soup with Walnuts and Marjoram Anyone who uses marjoram is cool IMO.
Chicken with Pumpkin Seed Sauce from Ali. I want like 12 of these!
The perfect lunch (or breakfast) Fancy Avocado Toast from A Beautiful Plate. Makes me want to go to the store for avocados right this second.
- 1/4 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- ¾ teaspoons dry tarragon
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup left-over cooked chopped boneless skinless chicken breast, chilled
- ½ cup finely chopped celery
- 3 tablespoons dried cranberries
- 3 tablespoons chopped toasted walnuts (sub pepitas for allergies)
- 2 tablespoons chives plus more for garnish if desired
- 24 thawed mini fillo shells or home-made wonton cups
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Whisk yogurt, mayonnaise, tarragon and salt in a large bowl. Add chicken, celery, cranberries, walnuts and chives. Stir to coat. Spoon a small amount of the chicken salad into the fillo cups, dividing evenly among the cups. Garnish with additional chives if desired and sprinkle with black pepper.
- Calories: 47
- Sugar: 1 g
- Sodium: 74 mg
- Fat: 2 g
- Saturated Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 3 g
- Fiber: 0 g
- Protein: 3 g