Today I have a BIG giveaway and a recipe for this ridiculously yummy iceberg wedge salad with creamy yogurt curry dressing, golden raisins, cashews and bacon. It is a mash-up twist on the Classic Wedge Salad.
I have wanted to make a classic wedge salad with cherry tomatoes and blue cheese dressing for the blog for-like-ever and I decided I’d put it on the calendar for #SaladMonth. I even typed up a hypothesis draft and bought cherry tomatoes and blue cheese. But then I started snoring because that was so boooring!
At least compared to this crunchy, crispy, creamy, curry, sweet and savory, junked-up, mash-up of a salad. I do love the classic wedge. But this salad? This one! This salad makes me want to do an eye-avertingly embarrassingly kooky salad lovin’ dance my people! Can we agree there shall be no sleep-inducing recipes policy during salad month?
This salad is primal and gluten-free and under 300 calories per serving! Um, you’re welcome!
Wanna know what else may possibly induce some dancing? This giant giveaway! The prize is a $500 gift card to Amazon.com. Hello summer shoes shopping! My food blogging friend Taylor of Food Faith Fitness is celebrating her second blog anniversary and she gathered up a bunch of us to get in on this giveaway. Here’s who’s in on it:
Diary of A Recipe Collector / Spoonful of Flavor / Mariah’s Pleasing Plates / The Recipe Rebel / Bitz & Giggles / Mom Loves Baking / Food Done Light / American Heritage Cooking / Eats Well With Others / The Housewife in Training Files / Tried and Tasty / A Mind “Full” Mom / My Kitchen Craze / Cooking For Keeps / Rachel Cooks / Cupcakes and Kale Chips / Lauren Kelly Nutrition / Healthy Seasonal Recipes / Or Whatever You Do
This giveaway runs from Tuesday 05/12/2015 at 12:00am PST until Tuesday 05/30/2015 at 11:59pm PST. The giveaway is open to residents of the USA, aged 18+ only. A winner will be chosen at random, displayed on the widget and emailed within 48 hours of the giveaway closing. The winner has 48 hours to claim their prize, or a new winner will be chosen.
Iceberg wedge salad with creamy yogurt curry dressing, golden raisins, cashews and bacon. It is a mash-up twist on the Classic Wedge Salad.
- ½ cup plain non-fat Greek yogurt
- 3 tablespoons avocado oil or organic canola oil
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon white vinegar or cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 head iceberg lettuce, loose outer leaves removed
- 4 strips bacon cooked and crumbled
- ½ cup chopped unsalted roasted cashews
- ¼ cup golden raisins
- ¼ cup chopped chives
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- Whisk yogurt, oil, vinegar, honey, curry, salt and pepper in a medium bowl. Set aside.
- Remove core from lettuce head. Cut lettuce into large wedges. Depending on the size of the head you can cut it into quarters or six pieces (and reserve the extra two for another use.) Place wedges cut size up on four plates.
- Drizzle the dressing over the lettuce, dividing evenly. Top wedges with bacon, cashews, raisins, chives and cilantro.
Sat Fat: 3 g. Protein: 9 g. Fiber: 3 g. Total Carb: 23 g.
keep yourself in the loop
Sign up for the Healthy Seasonal Recipes Newsletter and you'll receive the BEST Easy Vegetable Side Dish Cookbook for FREE. And, rest assured, we son't spam or share you info. Promise.