Friends, I know how crazy fall can be, but I’ve got your back! Check out these Roasted Potatoes with Apples, Sausage and Maple Mustard Glaze. With just 20 minutes of prep and only one pan you’ll be able to put a delicious kid friendly dinner on the table without breaking a sweat. And it’s dairy free and wheat free!
I originally shared this recipe on May 6, 2012. I have updated the images and some of the text today.
Hello fall! And just like that summer is over and we’re all doing our annual run-around-like- chickens dance. This is the time when we’re all still trying to let go of those long lazy days and get back into a routine.
The kids have new schedules and activities and your head is spinning like… wait… who, what, where?! And then dinnertime rolls around and you’re like… oh right, I have to feed these people food!
Well, I do have to give myself a pat on the back for this recipe. It is quick, simple, easy to clean up and seriously yummy! It is inspired by the red and gold thin-skinned potatoes and storing apples we’ve been getting from our CSA share. To that I add chicken sausage and a speedy maple mustard glaze. It is sweet and savory, and most importantly doesn’t require much attention from me. Major bonus!
Don’t miss these other awesome one pan meals from my blogging friends and me that will save you from the dreaded… Oh no, what the heck am I going to make for dinner?!
One Pan Healthy Chicken and Veggies by Chelsea’s Messy Apron
One Pan Maple Mustard Chicken and Potatoes by Diethood
One-Pan Curried Shakshuka by Eating Bird Food
One Pan Parmesan Pork Chops and Veggies by Julie’s Eats and Treats
One Pan Honey Garlic Chicken and Veggies by Damn Delicious
One Pot Sausage Pasta by Two Peas & Their Pod
One Pan Shrimp Fajitas by Slender KitchenPrint
Check out this Roasted Potatoes with Apples, Sausage and Maple Mustard Glaze. With just 25 minutes of prep and only one pan you’ll be able to put a delicious kid friendly dinner on the table without breaking a sweat. And it’s dairy free and wheat free!
- 1 ½ pounds small potatoes, such as red, blue or gold, cut into 1-inch chunks (about 6 c.)
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 4 links fully-cooked chicken sausage, sliced (12-ounces)
- 2 golden delicious apples, peeled, cored and cut into 1 1/2 –inch chunks
- 2 tablespoons whole-grain mustard
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup, dark or amber
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar or red wine vinegar
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Toss potatoes, oil, salt and pepper in a large bowl until coated. Spread out in a large heavy roasting pan. Roast 10 minutes. While potatoes roast, stir sausage, apples mustard, maple syrup and vinegar together in the bowl.
- Reduce oven temperature to 375°F. Remove roasting pan from the oven. Scrape potatoes up from the pan with a spatula. Add sausage, apples and the mustard mixture to the potatoes and toss to combine. Return to the oven and bake, stirring once or twice until the potatoes and apples are tender and the glaze is caramelized, 45 to 50 minutes.
- Serving Size: 2 cups each
- Calories: 358
- Sugar: 20 g
- Sodium: 667 mg
- Fat: 9 g
- Saturated Fat: 2 g
- Carbohydrates: 54 g
- Fiber: 5 g
- Protein: 17 g
Here are the original images associated with this blog post.