Check out this Roasted Potatoes with Apples, Sausage and Maple Mustard Glaze. With just 25 minutes of prep and only one pan you’ll be able to put a delicious kid friendly dinner on the table without breaking a sweat. And it’s dairy free and wheat free!
- 1 ½ pounds small potatoes, such as red, blue or gold, cut into 1-inch chunks (about 6 c.)
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 4 links fully-cooked chicken sausage, sliced (12-ounces)
- 2 golden delicious apples, peeled, cored and cut into 1 1/2 –inch chunks
- 2 tablespoons whole-grain mustard
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup, dark or amber
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar or red wine vinegar
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Toss potatoes, oil, salt and pepper in a large bowl until coated. Spread out in a large heavy roasting pan. Roast 10 minutes. While potatoes roast, stir sausage, apples mustard, maple syrup and vinegar together in the bowl.
- Reduce oven temperature to 375°F. Remove roasting pan from the oven. Scrape potatoes up from the pan with a spatula. Add sausage, apples and the mustard mixture to the potatoes and toss to combine. Return to the oven and bake, stirring once or twice until the potatoes and apples are tender and the glaze is caramelized, 45 to 50 minutes.
- Serving Size: 2 cups each
- Calories: 358
- Sugar: 20 g
- Sodium: 667 mg
- Fat: 9 g
- Saturated Fat: 2 g
- Carbohydrates: 54 g
- Fiber: 5 g
- Protein: 17 g