Have you heard of potato pizza before? If not, keep an open mind, and prepare your taste buds for a surprisingly delicious combination. In this seasonal version of white pizza I have a bit of rosemary, garlic and cheddar cheese to make it super savory and yummy!
Disclosure: This post is sponsored by the Dairy Farm Families of New England. I was compensated for my time. All opinions expressed here are my own.
When I first graduated from college I lived in the Haight Ashbury neighborhood of San Francisco. Other than the fact that I could never find a parking spot, I loved my little neighborhood. I was about an 8 minute walk from my gym in Cole Valley. I had several natural food stores within a short bike or walk, and lots and lots of yummy take-out a mere block away. Quite different from today living in the mountains in Vermont on a dead end dirt road!
One of my favorite places to grab dinner was a pizza place right on Haight street. They always had a bunch of ready made pizzas with all sorts of toppings, but I only had eyes for their potato pizza. That’s the inspo for the Potato Rosemary White Pizza recipe I have for you today today.
The fact that it is made with only a few ingredients that I almost always have on hand, a ball of pizza dough, herbs, garlic, potato and a block of cheddar cheese means that it is almost as quick and convenient as walking a block!
In addition to the cheddar cheese, I also included some Parmesan cheese for even more cheesy flavor. The cheese, not only adds flavor, but it also adds a convenient source of protein for busy nights. Each slice of this potato pizza has 8 grams of protein! And you know I love my protein! Which means this pizza makes a convenient vegetarian dinner for weeknights!
Thanks so much for stopping by today! Please let me know if you try this Potato Rosemary White Pizza recipe by leaving a star rating and review!Print
Potato Rosemary White Pizza is a convenient vegetarian weeknight meal and it’s made with ingredients you probably already have on hand! Cheddar cheese, potato, garlic, olive oil and a ball of pizza dough.
- 1 pound pizza dough, preferably whole wheat home-made if desired
- 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 large clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh rosemary
- 6 ounces shredded extra sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 small gold potato, about 4 ounces, scrubbed
- 1 ounce grated Parmesan or Parmesan-style cheese
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Arrange oven rack in lowest position of the oven. Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. Brush 1 teaspoon oil on the bottom of a large baking sheet.
- Roll pizza dough out on a floured surface to size of baking sheet and transfer to the prepared baking sheet. Sprinkle with garlic and rosemary. Top the pizza dough with cheddar.
- Shave potato, preferably with a mandoline, as thinly as possible into rounds. You should be able to see light through them.
- Arrange the potatoes on top of the pizza. Brush with the remaining 1 teaspoon oil. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and pepper.
- Bake the pizza on the bottom rack until the potatoes are cooked through and the pizza is crispy on the bottom, about 15 minutes. Cool slightly and then slice into 12 pieces. Serve hot.
- Serving Size: 2 slices
- Calories: 326
- Sugar: 0
- Fat: 13 grams
- Fiber: 0
- Protein: 15 g