24 Spring Dinner Ideas
If you find yourself looking for recipe inspiration as we approach spring, look no further! Today we’re highlighting 24 Spring Dinner Ideas that the whole family will love. These recipes are chock full of seasonal produce, nourishing protein, and fresh flavor that you won’t want to miss!
Table of contents
One of our core missions here at Healthy Seasonal Recipes is to help you find easy meal solutions with seasonal ingredients. So as spring produce starts filling up the market, we are here with a list of spring dinner recipes featuring our favorite fruits and veggies of the season as well as seasonal proteins as well!
Below, we’ve listed what kinds of vegetables, fruit, and protein are in season in the spring, and then we listed over 20 recipes that include those ingredients. We’ve even included a description of each recipe to make it easy for you to choose!
Once you’ve selected a few of your favorite spring dinners to try, check out our favorite spring dinner recipe for One Pan Chicken and Spring Veggies below.
What is in Season in Spring?
- Snap Peas
- New Potatoes
- Scallions/Green Onions
- Green Garlic and Garlic Scapes
- Watercress, Uplands Cress, and Other Cress
- Baby greens, mesclun and spring lettuces
- Seafood: Crab, Mussels, Tuna, haddock, salmon
Spring Dinner Ideas
Check out this recipe to find out why you don’t need to stir brown rice risotto as much as white rice, and to grab the recipe for this vegetarian Brown Rice Risotto with peas.
If you think of asparagus as only a side dish, think again! It can be the star of the dinner table when used as a pizza topping! I’ve paired it with pesto, Italian cheeses and crispy prosciutto for a fantastic 30-minute dinner!
This Easy Vegetarian Lasagna Primavera is loaded with fresh veggies including zucchini, mushrooms, and spinach.
Shrimp lovers, this is the most perfect springtime entree made with Angel Hair Pasta, juicy shrimp, and fresh asparagus. This Shrimp and Asparagus Pasta comes together in a quick lemon cream sauce with fresh herbs for a weeknight meal that’s ready in just a half-hour!
Behold springtime in the form of a beautiful salad. This spring salad with radishes, peas, asparagus tips, hard-boiled eggs, bacon, and creamy yogurt dill dressing is a feast for the eyes and a treat to eat!
Chunks of chicken breast sautéed with sweet peas and chives in creamy sauce. This creamy chicken and peas is ready in 18 easy minutes and it’s kid-friendly!
Enjoy spring lamb for a special occasion with this Pan Seared Lamb Chops recipe. It has a simple garlic, herb and butter sauce that the chops are seasoned with that make them juicy and succulent!
This hunger-busting Cobb Salad is bursting with fresh vegetables and protein-rich chicken, hard-boiled eggs, creamy avocado and smoky crumbled bacon. It is topped off with a simple homemade Blue Cheese vinaigrette which has all the delicious flavor of a traditional Brown Derby Cobb Salad, but with fewer calories and less saturated fat!
Strawberry Balsamic Chicken
This strawberry balsamic chicken by Gimme Some Oven is a delicious and easy fruity version of Caprese!
These Easy 5 minute Spinach Wraps are so healthy, loaded with fresh raw vegetables and naturally vegan. Plus they have a hearty portion of hummus, which gives them healthy fats, protein and fiber which keeps me full all the way until dinner.
This crunchy and fresh chopped salad is packed with chunks of tender chicken, fresh cherry tomatoes, sweet peas, crumbled bacon and cheese. The creamy ranch dressing ties it all together for a hearty and comforting entrée salad.
This recipe for gluten-free sweet potato noodles topped with shrimp, cilantro pesto and peas is a clean eating weeknight meal ready in under 45 minutes!
Delicious Keto Baked Chicken Breast Recipe
Chicken, spinach and artichokes come together in this delicious, one-pot baked chicken recipe by Diethood. It's an easy, keto-friendly chicken dinner idea!
This Green Salad with Chicken, Strawberries and Goat Cheese is delicious, low carb, and gluten-free! Great for lunch, dinner or even a festive brunch idea for Mother’s Day
This 30-minute recipe for One Pot Chicken and Brown Rice with Spring Veggies is my favorite weeknight meal for my family. It’s whole-grain and each portion has two servings of vegetables and lean protein.
Honey Rhubarb Chicken
The Endless Meal's honey rhubarb chicken recipe uses rhubarb, spring's prized vegetable, in a delicious savory sauce that's both tart and sweet.
Here is a recipe for warm Asparagus Panzanella with a runny-yolk poached egg on top. This vegetarian entree is perfect for a brunch entree or a busy weeknight dinner in spring. It comes together in under 30 minutes!
This grilled pork chop recipe with lemon, garlic and rosemary is served with a simple arugula salad with Pecorino cheese and lemon. It is an effortless dinner that takes only 45 minutes.
These Easy Sesame Chicken Lettuce Wraps with radishes, snap peas and fresh herbs can be ready in as little as 15 minutes!
Spinach, Artichoke and Goat Cheese Quiche
This fluffy, savory quiche pie recipe by foodiecrush is made with eggs, artichoke, spinach goat cheese, and almond milk. It makes weekend brunches a tasty breeze!
Here’s a recipe for simple Grilled Lamb Kofta Kebabs made with onion and spices and then shaped and skewered. They are a grain-free and paleo entree for the spring grilling season.
Here is my favorite recipe for Spinach Salad with Bacon and eggs. Just op a bunch of vibrant and crisp spinach, with bacon and eggs, and toss it with a rockin’ red wine vinaigrette.
Sugar Snap Pea and Carrot Soba Noodles
Check out Cookie+Kate's healthy, vibrant soba noodle recipe full of fresh springtime produce!
Spinach Has Never Looked So Good Than in This Cream of Spinach Soup Recipe
This vibrant Cream of Spinach Soup is spring in a bowl! It is made with a few kitchen basics and either fresh spinach or frozen. It is perfect for chilly spring evenings, and can be enjoyed cold if the weather is warmer.
More Inspiration For Spring Vegetables
Thanks so much for reading! If you are new here, you may want to sign up for my email newsletter to get a free weekly menu plan and the latest recipes right to your inbox. If you make this recipe, please come back and leave a star rating and review. I would love to hear what you thought!
Happy Cooking! ~KatiePrint
24 Spring Dinner Ideas
- Total Time: 30 mins
- Yield: 6 servings 1x
Here are 22 Spring Dinner Ideas plus our top pick: This One Pot Chicken and Rice with Spring Veggies recipe is ready in 30 minutes and naturally gluten-free.
- 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons unsalted butter
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- ½ cup finely diced red pepper, optional
- 1 teaspoon dry thyme
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into bite-sized cubes
- 2 ½ cups reduced-sodium chicken broth or home-made chicken stock
- 2 cups quick cooking brown rice
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 ounces cream cheese
- ½ bunch asparagus, trimmed and cut into small pieces
- 1 cup shelled peas, or frozen and thawed
- 1 cup snap peas, cut in half
- ¼ cup shredded Parmesan, plus more for serving
- 2 tablespoons chopped chives
- 2 teaspoons chopped tarragon
- Heat oil and butter in a large skillet or straight-sided sauté pan over medium-high heat until the butter is melted but not browning. Add the shallot, red pepper and thyme and cook, stirring often until the vegetables start to soften, 1 to 3 minutes. Add chicken, and cook, stirring occasionally until the chicken is no longer pink, 4 to 6 minutes.
- Add broth, brown rice and salt, and bring to a simmer, stirring occasionally. Cover, reduce heat to medium-low to maintain a simmer, and cook until the rice has absorbed most of the broth, about 5 minutes.
- Remove lid and increase to high. Stir in cream cheese until melted. Add asparagus, peas and snap peas on top. Make sure mixture comes back to a simmer, then cover, reduce heat to medium-low and let cook 3 minutes. Remove from the heat, without removing lid and let sit 3 to 4 minutes or until the rice absorbs the liquid and fully softens.
- Before serving stir the vegetables, ¼ cup Parmesan, chives and tarragon (or chervil) into the rice to combine. Serve with additional Parmesan if desired.
Cooking Tip: You can use fresh shelled peas or frozen and thawed. Both work great. Trader Joe’s has shelled fresh peas, and they were so easy to use in this.
- Prep Time: 20 mins
- Cook Time: 20 mins
- Category: Main Course
- Method: Stove Top
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 1/3 cup
- Calories: 264
- Carbohydrates: 23 g
- Fiber: 4 g
- Protein: 21 g
Keywords: spring dinners, spring dinner ideas, easy spring dinners, spring recipes dinner