I heart this Spaghetti squash with chèvre, almonds and lemon thyme dressing. Prepare yourself for some culinary gushing.
This spaghetti squash with chevre, almonds and lemon thyme dressing scores a perfect ten on the Katie Webster cup of tea scale. I cannot tell you how many moons I have gone over for this recipe! It is perfection.
So, did I lay it on too strong there? I think not.
This spaghetti squash really deserves the highest food blogging humblebragging accolades.
So remember all the way back to a million years ago (aka last month) when I shared those 5 majorly delightful, healthy lettuce-free salads on the Kitchn? Yeah, that Sesame Chicken and Celery Root Salad and it’s leaf-free friends? Anywhoo, this recipe is like those recipes’ long lost no-lettuce sister that they never knew they had.
Technically this spaghetti squash could be called a salad because it is topped with lemon thyme dressing. Right?
Whatever you call it, I really hope you try it. It is so easy. Cooking the spaghetti squash in the microwave makes it so easy. You’ll have time to make the dressing while it cooks, plus a few more minutes to FILL OUT MY READER SURVEY.
Say whaaa? You have a reader survey, Katie? Why yes I do. After listening to Bjork interview my gal Erin of Well Plated, I knew it was time that I get off my booty to do one. It has been years. I also took some of Lindsay’s advice about helpful questions about your shopping habits. Seriously guys, I want to know where you shop, so I can make the recipes here more useful to you!
Thanks so much in advance friends and readers! I can’t wait to make cooking healthy recipes in season more fun and inspirational for you.
- Are you on Yummly? You just may like it. It is sort of like Pinterest but more recipe focused.
- I have recently become obsessive about squeezing podcasts in between cariography sessions. If you’re looking for a good list of podcasts, my friend Sara has a great run-down. Thanks to her recomendations, I now know that TBASH is laugh-out-loud funny. I don’t think I would have ever thought to listen to that one! And for food bloggers, do not miss Food Blogger Pro’s podcast.
- Speaking of inspriation to cook in season. I’ll be printing this handy seasonal produce list that Marisa shared this week!
- Roasted Vegetable Forbidden Rice Bowls with Maple Tahini Sauce from Julia at the Roasted Root
- Have you heard of Girls on the Run? I’ll be talking more about it soon, but if you are interested in getting involved in your area, now is the time to do so!
This vegetarian spaghetti squash dish is loaded with lemony flavor from a simple lemon thyme salad dressing made with fresh shallot and a touch of honey to balance the acidity. Toasted almonds add a contrasting crunch. Naturally gluten-free and primal.
- 1 large spaghetti Squash, cut in half lengthwise seeds scooped out
- 1 small shallot
- 3 tablepsoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 2 teaspoons fresh chopped thyme
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- ¼ cup sliced toasted almonds
- 2 ounces fresh chèvre (goat cheese), crumbled
- Place spaghetti squash in a 9 by 11 baking dish, cut-side down. Pour one cup water in the pan. Cover with a layer of parchment or wax paper. Cover with plastic wrap. Microwave until the spaghetti squash pulls apart into tender threads when tested with a fork, 16 to 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, puree shallot, oil, lemon juice, honey, thyme, salt and pepper in a mini prep, with an immersion blender or in a blender.
- When squash is tender, carefully remove the cover, and transfer the squash to a cutting board with tongs. Scrape spaghetti squash out of the shell with the forks. Mound on a platter or plates. Drizzle all over with dressing, top with almonds and chevre. Serve hot, warm or cold.
You May Also Like: