This vegetarian spaghetti squash dish is loaded with lemony flavor from a simple lemon thyme salad dressing made with fresh shallot and a touch of honey to balance the acidity. Toasted almonds add a contrasting crunch. Naturally gluten-free and primal.
- 1 large spaghetti Squash, cut in half lengthwise seeds scooped out
- 1 small shallot
- 3 tablepsoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 2 teaspoons fresh chopped thyme
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- ¼ cup sliced toasted almonds
- 2 ounces fresh chèvre (goat cheese), crumbled
- Place spaghetti squash in a 9 by 11 baking dish, cut-side down. Pour one cup water in the pan. Cover with a layer of parchment or wax paper. Cover with plastic wrap. Microwave until the spaghetti squash pulls apart into tender threads when tested with a fork, 16 to 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, puree shallot, oil, lemon juice, honey, thyme, salt and pepper in a mini prep, with an immersion blender or in a blender.
- When squash is tender, carefully remove the cover, and transfer the squash to a cutting board with tongs. Scrape spaghetti squash out of the shell with the forks. Mound on a platter or plates. Drizzle all over with dressing, top with almonds and chevre. Serve hot, warm or cold.
- Serving Size: 1 1/2 cups
- Calories: 212
- Sugar: 10 g
- Sodium: 384 mg
- Fat: 16 g
- Saturated Fat: 4 g
- Carbohydrates: 14 g
- Fiber: 2 g
- Protein: 4 g