Southwest Cobb Salad
This healthy Cobb Salad has a Southwest twist. Along with the traditional bacon and hard-boiled eggs, this Southwest Cobb Salad also has black beans, corn, jicama and cilantro on top.
Creating This Southwest Cobb Salad Recipe
Let’s talk about how awesome this salad is. Not only is it a healthy and yummy way to use hard-boiled eggs, but it is really adaptable for your taste preferences.
I have tested it a couple ways, and I just wanted to let you know that it is super yummy no matter how you adapt it. If you’re not into kale salads, please use chopped Romaine instead. And if you would prefer a creamy dressing, I would recommend this Yogurt Cumin Dressing.
I also know that a lot of you are wondering why oh why doesn’t this have avocado on it?? I am not entirely sure, but I am all in favor of your adding one. And I used locally made organic queso fresco and I also tried it with feta. But, I think cheddar or jack would also rock in this salad.
So my point is, just use this as a jumping off point to make this the salad of your dreams. And I’ll also leave it up to you if you want to garnish it with a Little Man of your own or arrange the toppings in the shape of a duck.
More Delicious Salad Recipes:
- If you like salmon, try this Meal Prep Wasabi Glazed Salmon Power Salad.
- In the spring this Roasted Asparagus and Goat Cheese Salad is wonderful!
- This is a great way to get in your veggies early in the day: French Bistro Brunch Salad.
- This recipe for Texas Caviar with black eyed peas is great as a summer side dish or for parties.
- This Mexican Four Bean salad has a yummy avocado dressing too! And this Black Bean and Jicama Shrimp salad also has avocados in it. Are you picking up a theme here?
- This Celery Root Salad with Lentils is one of the latest recipes from our cookbook review series.
- This Mediterranean Black lentil salad is easy to whip together.
- This black bean and quinoa salad has avocado and mango in it!
Thanks so much for reading. If you are new here you may want to sign up for my free weekly email newsletter or follow me on instagram. If you make this recipe, please come back and leave a star rating and review! It is very appreciated. Happy Cooking! ~Katie
Along with the traditional bacon and hard-boiled eggs, this Southwest Cobb Salad also has black beans, corn, jicama and cilantro on top.
- 1 small clove garlic
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 teaspoons agave syrup or pure maple syrup, dark or amber
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- ½ teaspoon ground chipotle chili powder or ¼ teaspoon cayenne
- 1 small bunch lacinato kale, cleaned and finely chopped into bite-sized pieces
- 1 15-ounce can black beans
- 1 cup diced peeled jicama
- 1 cup frozen corn kernels, thawed
- 1 cup shredded peeled carrots
- 4 hard boiled eggs, cut into wedges
- 8 slices cooked crispy Bacon (optional)
- ½ cup crumbled Queso Fresco (or substitute feta if unavailable)
- ¼ cup chopped cilantro
- Make Dressing: Chop garlic. Sprinkle with salt and mash with the side of a chef’s knife to make a paste. Scrape paste into a jar. Add oil, lime, agave, cumin and chipotle, cover and shake to combine.
- Make Salad: Arrange kale, beans, corn, jicama, carrots, eggs, bacon and queso fresco in 4 large shallow bowls.
- Drizzle dressing over the salad, sprinkle with cilantro and serve.
- Serving Size: 2 cups
- Calories: 394
- Sugar: 10 g
- Fat: 24 g
- Saturated Fat: 5 g
- Carbohydrates: 31 g
- Fiber: 8 g
- Protein: 16 g