Along with the traditional bacon and hard-boiled eggs, this Southwest Cobb Salad also has black beans, corn, jicama and cilantro on top.
- 1 small clove garlic
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 teaspoons agave syrup or pure maple syrup, dark or amber
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- ½ teaspoon ground chipotle chili powder or ¼ teaspoon cayenne
- 1 small bunch lacinato kale, cleaned and finely chopped into bite-sized pieces
- 1 15-ounce can black beans
- 1 cup diced peeled jicama
- 1 cup frozen corn kernels, thawed
- 1 cup shredded peeled carrots
- 4 hard boiled eggs, cut into wedges
- 8 slices cooked crispy Bacon (optional)
- ½ cup crumbled Queso Fresco (or substitute feta if unavailable)
- ¼ cup chopped cilantro
- Make Dressing: Chop garlic. Sprinkle with salt and mash with the side of a chef’s knife to make a paste. Scrape paste into a jar. Add oil, lime, agave, cumin and chipotle, cover and shake to combine.
- Make Salad: Arrange kale, beans, corn, jicama, carrots, eggs, bacon and queso fresco in 4 large shallow bowls.
- Drizzle dressing over the salad, sprinkle with cilantro and serve.
- Serving Size: 2 cups
- Calories: 394
- Sugar: 10 g
- Fat: 24 g
- Saturated Fat: 5 g
- Carbohydrates: 31 g
- Fiber: 8 g
- Protein: 16 g