Pasta with Corn and Smoked Mozzarella
This Pasta with Corn and Smoked Mozzarella is inspired by my absolute love and devotion for sweet corn. It is the perfect vegetarian summer entree that you can get on the table in just 30 minutes!
I originally shared this recipe on July 3, 2011. I have updated the images and some of the text today.
If there was a bumper sticker that said “I brake for Sweet Corn” I’d feel obligated to put it on my car. I’ve been known to risk life and limb to careen off the side of the road for an unexpected stop at a farm stand with a sweet corn sign. I think it must have something to do with my memories of sweet corn as a kid.
Growing up in Eastern Pennsylvania, we’d survive the humid summer afternoons by swimming for hours at the local pool. After the temperature started to drop we’d head home, driving through farm fields, windows down, listening to the symphony of crickets. We’d always make a stop at Mrs. Slack’s farm stand. The little shack at the end of her farm’s driveway was piled with fresh vegetables tumbling out of wicker baskets. On busier evenings she’d be out there helping folks to their baker’s dozen of silver queen or pounds of beefsteak tomatoes, but at slower times of day, she’d just leave the cash box and have faith in the honor system.
Often times we’d make it home and make a feast of nothing but vegetables: Fried sweet peppers, green beans with garlic and chili flake, tomato salad with red onion and of course we had sweet corn. I doubt there is anything that marks the ides of summer better than the season’s first crop of sweet corn.
How To Make Pasta with Corn and Smoked Mozzarella
- To make this Pasta with Corn and Smoked Mozzarella, I first cut the kernels off the cobs.
- I sizzled a ton of chopped garlic in olive oil and then sautéed the corn with it.
- I added some tomatoes and basil from our garden to liven it up.
- And at the very end I stirred in smoked mozzarella.
It took very little effort but was just what I wanted. It is all about the fresh burst of sweet corn kernels. I feel like this pasta dish is redolent with summer. In fact after you make it you too may be looking for that bumper sticker.
More Corn Recipes To Check Out
- Grilled Corn and Peach Cobb Salad
- Loaded Mexican Street Corn Sauté
- Grilled Corn with Chipotle Lime Butter
- Grilled Corn and Chickpea Salad
- Don’t miss the Ultimate Guide To Corn with more than a dozen more ideas!
Thanks so much for reading! If you are new here, you may want to sign up for my email newsletter to get a free weekly menu plan and the latest recipes right to your inbox. If you make this recipe, please come back and leave a star rating and review. I would love to hear what you thought!
Happy Cooking! ~KatiePrint
Pasta with Corn and Smoked Mozzarella
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 6 servings 1x
This Pasta with Corn and Smoked Mozzarella is the perfect vegetarian Summer entree that you can get on the table in just 30 minutes!
- 1 13.5-ounce box whole-wheat pasta
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup finely chopped garlic, or to taste
- 4 cups corn kernels, about 6 large ears
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 1 cup chopped fresh tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 cup chopped basil
- 1 8-ounce ball smoked fresh mozzarella, diced
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Cook pasta according to package instructions. Drain thoroughly.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook garlic, stirring until fragrant and just barely starting to turn golden 30 to 90 seconds. Add corn, salt and pepper, increase heat to high. Cook, stirring often until the corn is crisp-tender, 3 to 5 minutes.
- Sprinkle flour over the corn mixture and stir to coat. Stir in broth, tomatoes and vinegar and bring to a boil, stirring often. Cook until the broth is thickened and the tomatoes are just starting to soften and break down slightly.
- Stir in the drained cooked pasta, basil and mozzarella and serve immediately.
0 g Added Sugar, 15 mg Cholesterol
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Category: Main Course
- Method: Stove Top
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 2 cups each
- Calories: 330
- Sugar: 8 g
- Sodium: 313 mg
- Fat: 10 g
- Saturated Fat: 4 g
- Carbohydrates: 48 g
- Fiber: 5 g
- Protein: 16 g
Keywords: Pasta with corn,vegetarian pasta with corn,pasta with corn and smoked mozzarella
Here are the original images associated with this blog post.