This Pasta with Corn and Smoked Mozzarella is the perfect vegetarian Summer entree that you can get on the table in just 30 minutes!
- 1 13.5-ounce box whole-wheat pasta
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup finely chopped garlic, or to taste
- 4 cups corn kernels, about 6 large ears
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 1 cup chopped fresh tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 cup chopped basil
- 1 8-ounce ball smoked fresh mozzarella, diced
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Cook pasta according to package instructions. Drain thoroughly.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook garlic, stirring until fragrant and just barely starting to turn golden 30 to 90 seconds. Add corn, salt and pepper, increase heat to high. Cook, stirring often until the corn is crisp-tender, 3 to 5 minutes.
- Sprinkle flour over the corn mixture and stir to coat. Stir in broth, tomatoes and vinegar and bring to a boil, stirring often. Cook until the broth is thickened and the tomatoes are just starting to soften and break down slightly.
- Stir in the drained cooked pasta, basil and mozzarella and serve immediately.
0 g Added Sugar, 15 mg Cholesterol
- Serving Size: 2 cups each
- Calories: 330
- Sugar: 8 g
- Sodium: 313 mg
- Fat: 10 g
- Saturated Fat: 4 g
- Carbohydrates: 48 g
- Fiber: 5 g
- Protein: 16 g