Are you ready for a brand new vegetarian dinner that’s ready in only 20 minutes? *Raises hand!* Then you’ll love this easy 20 minute Cheese Tortellini and Veggies! It will be your family’s new favorite go-to weeknight dinner.
This post is sponsored by Filippo Berio. I was compensated for my time. All opinions expressed here are my own. Thank you for supporting the brands that help make Healthy Seasonal Recipes possible.
It may be the middle of August, but I know a lot of us are already getting back to school, or at least getting ready for it. It’s that time of year that goes from zero to sixty in four and a half seconds. So many birthday parties, sports try-outs, after school activities and social functions on the weekends. So 20 minute dinners like this Cheese Tortellini and Veggies are a life saver!
One of my favorite August events is the Vermont Cheesemakers Festival at Shelburne Farms in Shelburne. Filippo Berio asked me if I was interested in going and of course I said yes! What’s not to love about spending the afternoon strolling around on the shores of Lake Champlain, sipping craft-made beverages and trying the latest gourmet foods.
Filippo Berio was set up under the big tent with ambassadors helping folks take their Pestonality quiz- that’s how festival-goers got to find out which pesto best fits their personality. We all got to sample their pestos too. It’s hard to choose a favorite. I love the black olive one I used for these Cucumber Party Bites, but I also love the Sun Dried Tomato Pesto I used in this 20 Minute Cheese Tortellini and Veggies recipe. It has so much savory flavor!
How to Make 20 Minute Cheese Tortellini and Veggies
- I used green beans and summer squash (zucchini would work too) to add lots of bulk for nutrition, fiber and lower calories per serving than straight tortellini would have.
- It’s simple to make, simply put a pot of water on to boil for the pasta.
- Meanwhile make the veggie saute- cook some onions in a skillet. Add in the green beans and squash. And cook until they’re all tender.
- Then toss everything together with the Filippo Berio Sun Dried Tomato Pesto and chopped fresh basil for a super fast weeknight meal bursting with summer veggies!
More Recipes (ready in 20 minutes or less) To Try This MonthPrint
20 Minute Cheese Tortellini with Veggies. Sauteed onions, yellow summer squash and green beans, tossed with cheese tortellini, sun dried tomato pesto and fresh chopped basil.
- 1 10 ounce package cheese tortellini
- 2 tablespoons Filippo Berio Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- ½ large yellow onion, diced
- ½ teaspoon coarse kosher salt
- 2 small yellow summer squash, cut into quarters and sliced
- ¾ pound green beans trimmed and cut into 1 ½-inch lengths
- ½ cup Filippo Berio Sun Dried Tomato Pesto
- ½ cup chopped fresh basil
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Cook tortellini according to package instructions. Drain well. Reserve cooking pot.
- Meanwhile, heat Filippo Berio Extra Virgin Olive Oil in a large cast iron skillet over medium high heat. Add onion and salt and cook, stirring often until the onion starts to soften and become translucent, 3 to 5 minutes. Add summer squash and cook, stirring often until starting to soften slightly, 1 to 2 minutes. Add in green beans and continue cooking, stirring often until the vegetables are crisp-tender.
- Return the tortellini to the pot, and gently stir in the vegetables, pesto, basil and pepper. Stir to coat. Serve hot.
- Serving Size: 2 cups
- Calories: 430
- Carbohydrates: 43
- Fiber: 6
- Protein: 12