heirloom tomato salad with green beans and chevre
This luscious tomato and green bean salad is just a riot of color and juicy summer time produce side-dish mayhem! It is so simple to make and is a celebration of great ingredients: heirloom tomatoes at their peak of freshness, garden-fresh green beans and crumbled fresh goat cheese! Add a generous glug of extra-virgin olive oil and a scatter of herbs and you have summer on a platter! Delish!
Remember how last week I said that I was going to be doing a Vermont Creamery Instagram Take-over? Well it’s on. Actually, it’s sooooo on! I am so excited about the images I am sharing all week on their feed.
Not convinced? Can I just say, two words: baby goats!!!
I hope you’ll stop over and say hi to me. For the occasion I developed two brand new exclusive recipes to share with you and the Vermont Creamery followers.
For starters I have this luscious platter of heirloom tomatoes. I am so in love with it for its simple summertime perfection. It is a veritable riot of color is it not?
After slicing all different colors of tomatoes, I piled on some lightly steamed, garden fresh green beans and chopped fresh herbs. I found some fresh basil micro greens and sprinkled them on as well. I also drizzled on a wee bit of red wine vinegar for acidity and a generous glug of extra-virgin olive oil. Then I added on crumbled fresh chevre from Vermont Creamery. Oh my!
These tomatoes are so sweet and juicy. I felt like I was eating a peach or something! How great is fresh local summer produce??
Get the recipe over on the Vermont Creamery website.
And please be sure to come by the Vermont Creamery Instagram feed to see the photographs I took. I’ll be back on Friday to share the other brand new exclusive recipe with you. You won’t want to miss it!
More Tomato Recipes To Try
- This is the basic heirloom tomato salad I grew up eating.
- This simple combo is unexpected and so delish! Tomato Salad with Thai Basil.
- ICYMI this technique for peeling and seeding tomatoes is a handy technique for this time of year.
- Don’t miss this Ultimate Guide to Tomatoes!
- Here’s what to do with yellow tomatoes and a recipe for pico de gallo.
- These cheddar roasted tomatoes are a throwback to one of my favorite side dishes from my childhood.
More Green Bean Recipes to Try
- This make ahead recipe for Orange Ginger Green Beans is a great one for the holidays.
- This recipe for roasted green beans with almonds and thyme is like a cross between Green Bean Almondine and roasted green beans.
- One of my most popular recipes ever are these simple skillet green beans. Have you tried them yet?
- Classic flavors come together in these Green Beans with Walnuts and Balsamic.
- Serve this one chilled in the summer. So fresh! Green beans and corn.
- Another cold option for summertime: green beans with basil vinaigrette.
- Don’t miss this round-up of 25 different green bean recipes.
Thanks so much for reading. If you make this recipe, let me know by leaving a star rating and review.