cranberry horseradish cheddar bites
Three Words: Tasty Little Bites.
Three ingredients: Cranberry Sauce, Horseradish Cheddar and Pita Bread.
Watch the video I did with Cabot for this recipe. Please tell me what you think. I am dying to know. The printable recipe is below and also available on Cabot’s website.
Active Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
Makes: 32 Bites
Special equipment: 2-inch cookie or biscuit cutter.
- 2 8-inch pita breads, white or whole-wheat
- ½ cup whole berry cranberry sauce or chutney
- 1 ¼ cup shredded Cabot Horseradish or Sharp Cheddar, 5 ounces
- Arrange oven racks to one in upper position and one in the center. Heat oven to 375 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with foil.
- Cut each pita bread into 8 2-inch rounds with a biscuit or cookie cutter. Split each into two. Lay the pita rounds on the baking sheet and bake in the center until crisp and toasted, about 6 to 8 minutes.
- Adjust heat to broil. Top each toasted pita round with ½ teaspoon cranberry sauce and top with cheddar, divided evenly among them. Broil, in upper position, while carefully monitoring and rotating as necessary, until the Cheddar is evenly melted, 30 seconds to 3 minutes. Cool slightly before serving.
I developed this snazzy little recipe for Cabot Creamery Cooperative.
Leave a Reply
Healthy Pizza is this month’s Recipe Redux theme, just in time for the Super bowl. These mini pizzas (or pizzettes... more
With potlucks, picnics, al fresco dining and casual summer entertaining events filling our weekends (and even spilling into the work... more