An easy and unexpected holiday appetizer. Flatbread pizzas made with cranberries, thyme, shallot and fresh goat cheese.
- 1 ½ cup fresh cranberries
- 3 tablespoons pure maple syrup, dark or amber
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped shallot
- ½ teaspoon chopped dry thyme
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 Stonefire flatbreads, (14.1 oz package)
- 1 4-ounce package fresh goat cheese, crumbled
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Mix cranberries, maple syrup, shallot, thyme and salt in an 8 by 8-inch baking dish. Roast, stirring once or twice, until the cranberries burst and the mixture is bubbling and caramelizing along the edge, about 15 minutes. Remove from oven and stir until the cranberries are broken down and the mixture is thick. Set aside.
- Lay flatbreads out on work surface. Spread the hot cranberry mixture over the flatbreads, dividing evenly. Top with the goat cheese. Bake directly on the oven rack until the cheese is softened and flatbread is crispy, 8 to 10 minutes. Cut into 8 small wedges or strips each.
- Serving Size: 2 slices
- Calories: 93
- Sugar: 6 g
- Sodium: 170 mg
- Fat: 3 g
- Saturated Fat: 1 g
- Carbohydrates: 14 g
- Fiber: 1 g
- Protein: 3 g