This protein packed, vegan, super green edamame hummus is bursting with nutrients and it’s so delicious. My daughters love it for snack or to make a tortilla roll-up for their lunch boxes.
For this recipe, I took the usual suspects from traditional hummus: chickpeas, lemon, garlic, tahini and olive oil and then added in edamame and garden fresh spinach. The result is a bright green superfood hummus that moms and kids will love.
It only takes 10 minutes to make and it keeps for four days in the fridge, which makes it a convenient lunchbox staple. You’ll want to keep these ingredients on hand all school year long!
A few pieces of news: I’m off to Italy next week, and I hope you’ll follow along on Instagram. I won’t leave you hanging in the recipe department though. I have my friend Lindsay of Cotter Crunch stopping by to share a recipe with you all. And I have also planned ahead and scheduled a new summery salad dressing for your farmers market and CSA vegetable salad loving needs.
I also wanted to let you know that I am thinking ahead to the recipes I will be working on when I get back so if you have any recipes in particular you’re dying to see here let me know by leaving a comment below. Thanks so much for reading, friends!
This protein packed edamame hummus is ready in 10 minutes and makes a yummy kid friendly snack!
- 1 cup canned chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup frozen edamame, thawed
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon tahini
- ½ clove garlic, minced
- 1 ¼ teaspoon coarse kosher salt, divided
- 1 cup fresh spinach leaves
- ½ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Puree chickpeas, edamame, lemon juice and tahini in a food processor, scraping sides as necessary until as smooth as possible, about 1 minute.
- Mash garlic and ½ teaspoon salt with the side of a chefs knife to make a paste. Add garlic salt paste, spinach and the remaining ¾ teaspoon salt to the food processor and pulse 8 to 10 times to combine, scraping sides as necessary.
- With motor running drizzle in oil and continue to process, scraping down sides if necessary, until smooth, 1 to 2 minutes. Store up to 4 days in the refrigerator.
keep yourself in the loop
Sign up for the Healthy Seasonal Recipes Newsletter and you'll receive the BEST Easy Vegetable Side Dish Cookbook for FREE. And, rest assured, we son't spam or share you info. Promise.