Take a batch of classic guacamole and add in these four other flavor combinations. Serve all five for a festive guacamole party! Chunky pico de gallo, bacon and corn, scallion and chipotle or festive guacamole shrimp cocktail.
- 1 Batch Classic Guacamole
Choose one of the following Add Ins Combinations Per Batch of Classic Guacamole
Chunky Pico de Gallo
- 3/4 cup Pico de Gallo home-made or purchased
Chipotle and Scallion
- 3 scallions, sliced
- 1 canned chipotle in adobo, minced
Smoky Bacon and Corn
- 3 strips cooked bacon, crumbled
- 1 ear of corn, steamed and kernels removed
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
Guacamole Shrimp Cocktail
- 3 tablespoons crumbled cotija cheese (substitute feta if unavailable)
- 2 tablespoons toasted unsalted pepitas (green pumpkin seeds)
- 18 large cooked shrimp, peeled and tails removed
- 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro
- Make batch of classic guacamole. Serve as is or try the following variations.
- For Chunky Pico de Gallo: Stir pico de gallo into classic guacamole and serve.
- For Chipotle and Scallion: Stir scallions and chipotle into classic guacamole and serve.
- For Smoky Bacon and Corn: Stir bacon, corn and paprika into classic guacamole and serve.
- For Guacamole Shrimp Cocktail
- Mound classic guacamole into a medium wide serving bowl.
- Arrange cotija (or feta) and pepitas over the guacamole.
- Decoratively arrange shrimp around the bowl of guacamole and garnish with cilantro
nutrition values are for classic variation only.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Category: appetizer
- Cuisine: Mexican
- Serving Size: 1/4 cup
- Calories: 87
- Sugar: 0
- Fat: 8
- Carbohydrates: 6
- Fiber: 2
- Protein: 2
Keywords: guacamole 5 ways,pico de gallo guacamole,bacon guacamole,guacamole with corn,chipotle guacamole