These Tangerine Protein Pancakes are naturally gluten-free and have 9 grams of protein each. And they’re made from totally normal ingredients like oats and eggs with an added bright kick from the tangerines for a perfect Winter breakfast!
- 2 tangerines or small oranges
- 2 cups gluten-free old-fashioned oats
- 1 cup low-fat cottage cheese
- 4 egg whites
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- cooking spray, avocado oil or coconut oil
- Cut the skin and pith off one tangerine and cut the flesh into small chunks or segments. Set aside. Grate about half of the zest from the remaining tangerine, then squeeze the juice from it.
- Combine oats, cottage cheese, egg whites, eggs, the zest and the juice in a blender and blend until completely creamy and smooth, about 1 minute on high. Add the tangerine chunks, vanilla and baking soda and pulse to combine.
- Heat a large griddle or skillet over medium-high heat until hot. Coat with cooking spray or brush lightly with avocado oil or coconut oil. Ladle ¼ cups-full of the batter onto hot griddle (it will spread out to 4-inch circles.) Let cook, undisturbed until browned on the bottom and the edges are slightly dry, 3 to 5 minutes. Carefully flip pancakes with a spatula and let cook on the other side until the center is cooked through, 2 to 3 minutes. Serve hot.
- Serving Size: 1 pancake
- Calories: 109
- Sugar: 3 g
- Sodium: 216 g
- Fat: 2 g
- Saturated Fat: 1 g
- Carbohydrates: 13 g
- Fiber: 2 g
- Protein: 9 g