Spinach Salad with Bacon & Eggs! Wanna know how you make an entree salad that your family will devour: Top a bunch of vibrant and crisp spinach with bacon and eggs and toss it with a rockin’ red wine vinaigrette. It’s super easy to make and it’s dairy-free, only 248 calories per serving and only 15 minutes of prep.
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon
- 3 Tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
- 12 cups spinach leaves
- 4 eggs, hard boiled (see tip*) peeled and chopped
- 4 slices bacon, cooked crispy, cooled and crumbled
- Smash and peel garlic clove. Mince and mash with the side of a chef’s knife with the salt to form a paste. Scrape into a medium bowl. Whisk in vinegar and Dijon. Gradually whisk in oil. Season with pepper.
- Place spinach, eggs and bacon in a large salad bowl. Pour dressing over the salad and toss to combine.
*Tip – To hard boil eggs: Place eggs in the bottom of a small saucepan, cover with cold water by several inches. Bring to a gentle boil over high heat. Allow to boil for 1 full minute. Remove from heat and let stand 12 minutes in the hot water. Drain, run cool water over and cool.
0.75 Added Sugars, 223 mg Cholesterol
- Serving Size: 2 1/2 cups
- Calories: 248
- Sugar: 0.8 g
- Sodium: 475.5 mg
- Fat: 20 g
- Saturated Fat: 4 g
- Carbohydrates: 5.3
- Fiber: 1 g
- Protein: 12 g