Spinach Salad with Bacon & Eggs! Wanna know how you make an entree salad that your family will devour: Top a bunch of vibrant and crisp spinach with bacon and eggs and toss it with a rockin’ red wine vinaigrette. It’s super easy to make and it’s dairy-free, only 248 calories per serving and only 15 minutes of prep.
- 4 large eggs
- 4 slices bacon
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon
- 3 Tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
- 12 cups spinach leaves
- To Prepare The Eggs: Place eggs in the bottom of a small saucepan, cover with cold water by several inches. Bring to a gentle boil over high heat. Boil for 10 minutes. Then remove from the heat, drain and then run cool running water over the eggs for several minutes until cool enough to handle. Peel and chop.
To Cook The Bacon in a Skillet: Place strips of bacon in cool large skillet. Heat over medium-high heat. Allow the fat to render out and the bacon to crisp. As the bacon cooks, reduce heat to prevent the skillet from smoking.. Turn the slices regularly so they brown evenly. Cook until the bacon is browned evenly. (Alternatively cook in the microwave, see notes below.) Transfer the crispy browned bacon to a paper towel lined plate. Cool and crumble.
- Make Garlic Paste: Smash and peel garlic clove. Mince and mash with the side of a chef’s knife with the salt to form a paste. Scrape into a medium bowl.
- Make Dressing: Whisk vinegar and Dijon into the garlic paste. Gradually whisk in oil. Season with pepper.
- Toss Salad: Place spinach, eggs and bacon in a large salad bowl. Pour dressing over the salad and toss to combine. Serve immediately.
To Cook The Bacon in The Microwave
- Lay the four slices of bacon on three sheets of paper towels on a plate. Top with another sheet of paper towels.
- Microwave 3 minutes.
- Look to see if it is cooked. Microwave in 30 second bursts until it is done.
To Make Whole30 Compliant
If you are doing Whole30 make sure to check that your Dijon doesn’t have wine in it and that your bacon is compliant.
- Serving Size: 2 1/2 cups
- Calories: 248
- Sugar: 0.8 g
- Sodium: 475.5 mg
- Fat: 20 g
- Saturated Fat: 4 g
- Carbohydrates: 5.3
- Fiber: 1 g
- Protein: 12 g