Simple recipe for roasted spring-dug parsnips with oil, herbs and salt. As easy as can be, naturally gluten-free and paleo.
- 2 pounds parsnips
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 ½ teaspoon herbs de province, Italian seasoning or other dried herb mix
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- chopped parsley for garnish
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Peel parsnips and cut into 1-inch chunks. Toss with oil, herbs and salt in a large bowl. Spread out on a large rimmed baking sheet in a single layer. Roast, stirring once or twice, until the parsnips are tender in the center and browned in spots on the outside, 25 to 30 minutes. Transfer to a platter or plates and garnish with parsley.
0 mg Cholesterol, 0 g Added Sugar
- Serving Size: 1 cup
- Calories: 110
- Sugar: 5 g
- Sodium: 550 mg
- Fat: 4 g
- Saturated Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 20 g
- Fiber: 4 g
- Protein: 1.5 g