Making this homemade crouton recipe is so easy and healthy! All you need is whole-grain bread, olive oil and seasoning. Bonus: it takes 5 minutes of prep!
- ½ pound rustic whole-grain bread, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- ½ teaspoon Italian seasonings or Herbes de Provence
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly coat a large rimmed baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Toss bread, oil, herbs, garlic powder and salt in a large bowl until evenly moist and the herbs are evenly distributed. Spread the bread cubes out onto the prepared baking sheet.
- Transfer to the oven and bake, stirring once until the croutons are crispy on the outside and starting to brown, 16 to 18 minutes total. Cool before serving.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 16 minutes
- Category: Salads
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1/2 cup
- Calories: 121
- Sugar: 1 g
- Sodium: 224 mg
- Fat: 2 g
- Saturated Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 23 g
- Fiber: 3 g
- Protein: 5 g
Keywords: crouton recipe, how to make croutons in the oven, healthy croutons