These roasted sweet potatoes are tossed with a bright and fresh citrus dressing as well as cilantro, shallot, and chive. A simple yet flavorful side dish! This recipe is adapted from Primal Palate’s cookbook Make It Paleo II.
- 3 large sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into ¾-inch chunks (2.5 pounds)
- 4 teaspoons coconut oil, melted
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 medium shallot, minced
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 3 tablespoons extra- virgin olive oil
- zest from 1/2 lemon
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh chives
- pinch salt
- freshly ground pepper to taste
- Make Potatoes: Preheat oven to 375ºF.
- Toss potatoes, coconut oil, 3/4 teaspoon salt in a large bowl.
- Spread out onto a large rimmed baking sheet, and transfer to the oven. Roast, stirring occasionally, until the potatoes are fork tender and browned, 35 to 40 minutes.
- Make Dressing: Meanwhile, whisk shallot, cilantro, olive oil, zest, lemon juice, chives, pinch salt and pepper in the bowl.
- Add hot roasted potatoes to the dressing and toss to coat. Serve hot or warm.
For best results, roast the sweet potatoes in the center of the oven and stir them regularly. Sweet potatoes are high in natural sugars, so they can burn easily.
- Serving Size: 1 cup
- Calories: 166
- Sugar: 6 g
- Sodium: 409 mg
- Fat: 12 g
- Saturated Fat: 3 g
- Carbohydrates: 15 g
- Fiber: 2 g
- Protein: 1.3 g