This roasted eggplant with pomegranate molasses feta and mint has knockout flavor and is ready in 30 minutes, making it the perfect gluten-free side dish.
- 1 large eggplant, cut into long wedges, about 1 pound
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon coarse kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons pomegranate molasses
- ¼ cup crumbled soft feta
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh mint
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 400ºF. Coat a large baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Toss eggplant wedges with oil to coat. Add smoked paprika and salt and toss to coat. Spread out on the prepared baking sheet. Roast, turning the eggplant over with a spatula once, until the eggplant is softened and caramelized on the bottom, 18 to 24 minutes.
- Transfer the eggplant to a large platter. Drizzle with pomegranate molasses. Sprinkle with feta, mint and pepper. Serve immediately or at room temperature.
The eggplant will need about 20 minutes in the oven, but watch it closely near the end of the cooking time to make sure it’s not getting too dark in color. And make sure not to crowd the baking sheet, otherwise you run the risk of cooking the eggplant unevenly.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Category: Side Dish
- Method: Roasted
- Cuisine: American
- Calories: 144
- Sugar: 8 g
- Sodium: 366 mg
- Fat: 9 g
- Saturated Fat: 2 g
- Carbohydrates: 12 g
- Fiber: 3 g
- Protein: 3 g
Keywords: roasted eggplant