Here is a simple way to make Roasted Butternut Squash with the flavorful addition of Smoked Paprika and turmeric. It is a healthy side dish to serve for Thanksgiving, and can be made ahead and reheated.
- 3 pounds butternut squash, peeled, seeded and cut into 1-inch cubes (8 cups)
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons Smoked Paprika
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon McCormick Ground Turmeric
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Toss squash cubes with oil, paprika, salt, turmeric and garlic powder in a large bowl to coat. Spread out on a large rimmed baking sheet. Roast, stirring once or twice, until the squash is tender, and starting to brown in spots, 32 to 37 minutes.
TO MAKE AHEAD: Leave the roasted squash on the sheet pan to cool and then transfer it to a nice casserole dish with a cover. Refrigerate up to 24 hours. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Place the casserole in the oven and let it warm up until it is steaming hot, about 45 minutes. Keep covered until ready to serve. To reheat in the microwave, cover with parchment or a paper towel. Microwave at 50% power for 5 minutes. Gently stir. If the squash is not hot all the way through, microwave up to 2 minutes more at 50% power.
- Serving Size: 1 cup
- Calories: 100
- Sugar: 3 g
- Sodium: 250 mg
- Fat: 4 g
- Saturated Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 17 g
- Fiber: 3 g
- Protein: 1.5 g