If you love roasted broccoli, then you have to try this recipe! It is so easy to make for a healthy side dish any night of the week. In this recipe we have also added in sliced garlic, Asiago cheese and almonds for tons of flavor to compliment the sweet and toasty broccoli. We then finished it off with a burst of bright lemon juice for even more fresh flavor.
- 1½ pounds broccoli cut into small florets
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2–3 cloves of garlic sliced thin
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 lemon
- 3 tablespoons toasted slivered almonds
- ¼ cup freshly grated Asiago cheese
- Preheat the oven to 425°F and line a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- In a large bowl, toss the broccoli, oil, garlic, salt, and pepper (see note). Spread evenly on the pan, drizzling any excess oil on top, and roast in the oven for 20 to 25 minutes until the florets are crispy and caramelized, but still a little tender. Check the broccoli after 15 to 20 minutes.
- Squeeze the lemon over the broccoli and top with the almonds and cheese. Serve hot.
- You may add more or less olive oil, lemon juice, salt, pepper, or cheese to taste.
- Take a peek at the broccoli after 15 to 20 minutes; the roasting time will vary based on how small the broccoli florets are cut.
- If you have trouble locating Asiago cheese, Parmesan is a great substitute.
- Serving Size: 1 cup
- Calories: 125
- Sugar: 1 g
- Sodium: 243 mg
- Fat: 9 g
- Saturated Fat: 1 g
- Carbohydrates: 6 g
- Fiber: 3 g
- Protein: 5 g