Red, white and blue potatoes come together in a festive and patriotic potato salad for Memorial Day or Fourth of July barbecues. The creamy horseradish dressing, blue cheese and bacon make this a special recipe that will be devoured.
- 3 pounds small red, purple and yellow potatoes, cut into 2-inch chunks
- ½ cup plain Greek yogurt
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons prepared horseradish
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper, preferably white
- 1 red bell pepper diced
- ½ cup minced red onion
- ½ cup crumbled bleu cheese (2 oz)
- 4 slices uncured bacon, cooked and crumbled, optional
- chopped parsley, for garnish if desired
- Bring an inch of water to a boil in a large saucepan fitted with a steamer basket. Add potatoes to the basket, cover and steam until a knife tip or fork inserted into the the potatoes comes out easily, 15 to 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, whisk yogurt, mayonnaise, horseradish, salt and pepper in a large bowl.
- Add hot potatoes to dressing and stir to coat. Spread the mixture out in a large baking dish or sheet pan to cool quickly. Cool to room temperature, 12 to 15 minutes.
- Return the potatoes to the bowl, add peppers, onion and blue cheese (and bacon if using) and toss to combine. Transfer to a serving bowl and garnish with parsley if using. Chill until ready to serve.
- Calories: 202
- Sugar: 3 g
- Sodium: 421 mg
- Fat: 4 g
- Saturated Fat: 2 g
- Carbohydrates: 32 g
- Fiber: 3 g
- Protein: 8 g