This Pork Chops in Creamy Mushroom Gravy recipe is inspired by an old classic, however this one is made entirely from scratch. It’s loaded with fresh mushrooms, just a splash of half and half and ready in 30 minutes making it the perfect healthy comfort food dinner!
- ¾ teaspoon coarse kosher salt, divided
- 4 small boneless pork loin chops, about 1 ½ pound
- 2 teasopoons canola oil
- 1 shallot, minced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- ½ teaspoon dry thyme
- 1 8-ounce package mushrooms, finely diced
- ½ teaspoon chopped rosemary
- 2 tablespoons dry vermouth or white wine
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 ¼ cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- ¼ cup half-and-half
- Pat pork dry with paper towels. Sprinkle ¼ teaspoon salt over pork. Heat oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add the pork chops and cook until just browned, 2 to 3 minutes. Flip over and cook 2 to 4 minutes longer until the bottom is browned. Set pork on a plate and tent with foil to keep warm.
- Return the skillet to medium heat. Add shallot, garlic, thyme and the remaining ½ teaspoon salt. Cook, stirring constantly until fragrant and starting to brown, 20 to 45 seconds. Add mushrooms and rosemary and stir to coat with the shallot mixture. Cook, stirring often until the mushrooms have released their juices and the juices have evaporated and the mushrooms have started to brown, about 7 minutes.
- Add vermouth and pepper and cook, stirring until the liquid has evaporated, 1 to 3 minutes. Sprinkle flour over the mushroom mixture and stir to coat. Add broth and cook, stirring until the flour has dissolved into the broth. Increase heat to medium-high, and bring to a simmer, stirring often until the sauce is thickened. Add the pork back to the skillet and turn to coat in the sauce. Heat the pork, turning often, in the sauce until it is hot and just barely pink in the center, 1 ½ to 3 minutes. Transfer the pork to 4 plates. Stir the half and half into the gravy. Spoon the gravy over the pork chops.
- Serving Size: 5 ounces pork and ½ cup sauce each
- Calories: 361
- Sugar: 4 g
- Sodium: 373 mg
- Fat: 18 g
- Saturated Fat: 6 g
- Carbohydrates: 8 g
- Fiber: 2 g
- Protein: 36 g