With just 10 minutes of prep and only 5 ingredients you can transform earthy beets into tangy tender slices of absolute goodness. These Simple Pickled Beets are a gluten free, paleo-friendly, vegetarian side dish that will make all of your Summer grilling dishes sing!
- 1 pound beets, about 2 bunches greens removed, and trimmed
- 1 large clove garlic, crushed and peeled
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- Place beets in a 3-quart saucepan and cover with cold water. Bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer until the beets are tender and a fork inserted into the beets comes out easily, 40 to 55 minutes, depending on the size of the beets. Drain and cool beets until cool enough to handle.
- Whisk garlic, oil, vinegar and salt in a medium bowl. Peel and slice beets. Add to the dressing, and toss to coat. Cool beets completely in the dressing. Refrigerate or serve immediately.
0 mg Cholesterol, 0 g Added Sugars
- Serving Size: 1 cup
- Calories: 130
- Sugar: 7 g
- Sodium: 500 mg
- Fat: 10 g
- Saturated Fat: 1 g
- Carbohydrates: 10 g
- Fiber: 3 g
- Protein: 2 g