A simple side dish with tons of flavor! Mexican 4 bean salad, with corn, cilantro and creamy avocado dressing. Serve it at a picnic or bring it to a pot luck- everyone can enjoy it because it is vegan and gluten-free.
- 2 ripe avocados, divided
- ½ cup chopped cilantro, divided
- ¼ cup cold water
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar or lime juice
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground chipotle pepper, or to taste
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 2 fourteen-ounce cans black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 fourteen-ounce can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 fourteen-ounce can pinto beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup frozen shelled edamame, thawed
- 1 cup corn kernels, fresh or frozen and thawed
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- Puree ½ avocado, ¼ cup cilantro, ¼ cup cold water, oil, vinegar, garlic, cumin, salt, chipotle and pepper in a food processor or mini prep until smooth.
- Combine black beans, chickpeas, pinto beans, edamame, and corn in a large bowl. Pour dressing over the bean mixture, and stir to coat.
- Chop the remaining 1 ½ avocado and add to the beans. Add the remaining ¼ cup chopped cilantro and the cherry tomatoes, and gently fold in.
- Serving Size: 2/3 cup
- Calories: 169
- Sugar: 3
- Fat: 6
- Saturated Fat: 1
- Carbohydrates: 21
- Fiber: 6
- Protein: 6