This Roasted eggplant salad is rich and exciting! It features chickpeas, feta and parsley with an easy roasted garlic dressing. It is gluten-free and vegetarian.
- 1 large eggplant, cut into ¾-inch cubes
- 4 cloves garlic with skin on
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 14.5-ounce can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 2 cups chopped fresh parsley
- ½ cup crumbled feta cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Combine eggplant garlic and ½ teaspoon salt in a large bowl. Drizzle 1 tablespoon oil over it and toss to coat.
- Spread the eggplant and garlic out on a large rimmed baking sheet. Roast until the eggplant is tender and browned on the bottom and the garlic is soft, about 30 minutes.
- Remove softened garlic from their papery skins using a fork or tongs and place in a large bowl. Add the remaining ½ teaspoon salt and the remaining 2 tablespoons oil. Mash garlic with a fork.
- Whisk in lemon juice and Dijon mustard to make the dressing.
- Add the eggplant, chickpeas, parsley and feta and toss to coat. Serve warm or chilled.
- Serving Size: 1 1/2 cup
- Calories: 211
- Sugar: 2 g
- Fat: 15 g
- Saturated Fat: 4 g
- Carbohydrates: 22 g
- Fiber: 4 g
- Protein: 8 g