Light recipe for creamy Italian dressing with fat-free Greek yogurt, buttermilk, and only 2 tablespoons of mayonnaise. Only 59 calories per serving!
- 1 small clove garlic, peeled
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- 1/2 cup fat free Greek Yogurt
- 3 tablespoons fat-free buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon agave or white sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon Italian seasoning dried herb blend
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon dried dill weed
- Mince garlic, sprinkle with ½ teaspoon salt, and mash with the side of a chef’s knife until it forms a smooth paste.
- Scrape garlic and salt mixture into a medium bowl. Add the remaining ½ teaspoon salt, yogurt, buttermilk, mayonnaise, vinegar, agave or sugar, Italian seasoning, pepper, and dill and whisk until completely smooth.
- Use immediately or store in a jar in the refrigerator up to 5 days.
Feel free to use fresh herbs instead of the dried herbs. The dried herbs give this a classic taste, but I love the fresh taste of chopped chives, dill, and parsley in this too. Use roughly double fresh herbs for dry.
- Serving Size: 2 tablespoons
- Calories: 59
- Sugar: 2.6 g
- Sodium: 200 mg
- Fat: 4 g
- Saturated Fat: 0.3 g
- Carbohydrates: 3.6 g
- Fiber: 0 g
- Protein: 3 g
Keywords: creamy italian dressing